+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Declaring past refusal

M.Arun

Mar 4, 2018
We had extensive discussions on this matter before you applied. There were several posts too.
Yes and every solution proposed here was refused by the local authority. So I had two options, either do not mention this property at all, or go by the first suggestion, presenting the documents of this name change. In my reapplication, should I just omit the property entirely? Or would that be misrepresentation considering the previous application mentioned it?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
In my opinion you have put yourself in a really difficult position now. If you omit the property, you have no chance of getting the visa. You have to change the name on the property to your new name, but then, they may look at that and claim misrepresentation as you just changed it. I don't really have any advice what you should do (up to you), but you will find it hard.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes and every solution proposed here was refused by the local authority. So I had two options, either do not mention this property at all, or go by the first suggestion, presenting the documents of this name change. In my reapplication, should I just omit the property entirely? Or would that be misrepresentation considering the previous application mentioned it?
It's not just your property ownership documents.

1. You don't have the finances to afford the visit.

2. No compelling reason to visit. There are several other countries that a first-time traveler can travel to.

3. You're self-employed + no strong employment ties + flexibility to work anywhere

4. No dependent family members

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi, I followed you from our discussion on travel history. What reasons would fit in for a first time traveler?

You said in my thread, "it's not necessary to have traveled to other visa-required countries before applying for a TRV."
For example:
1. Parent or sibling of a Canadian PR/citizen/WP

2. Business visitor

3. Attending a conference/event

M.Arun

Mar 4, 2018
It's not just your property ownership documents.

1. You don't have the finances to afford the visit.

2. No compelling reason to visit. There are several other countries that a first-time traveler can travel to.

3. You're self-employed + no strong employment ties + flexibility to work anywhere

4. No dependent family members
Understood, I'll work on those aspects as well. But I would still like your thoughts for when I do reapply. Should I just never mention the property again? Or would this omission be misrepresentation and incur a ban?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Understood, I'll work on those aspects as well. But I would still like your thoughts for when I do reapply. Should I just never mention the property again? Or would this omission be misrepresentation and incur a ban?
1. Is the property genuinely yours?

2. In whose name are the property tax receipts being issued i.e. your current name (not likely) or the name stated in the property ownership documents?

3. Can you prove (legally or through government identification) that the property ownership name and your current name are the identities of the same person?

4. Did you declare your previous names, including nicknames, aliases, etc in your previous TRV application?

M.Arun

Mar 4, 2018
1. Is the property genuinely yours?

2. In whose name are the property tax receipts being issued i.e. your current name (not likely) or the name stated in the property ownership documents?

3. Can you prove (legally or through government identification) that the property ownership name and your current name are the identities of the same person?

4. Did you declare your previous names, including nicknames, aliases, etc in your previous TRV application?
1. yes
2. Property tax wasn't updated so i didn't submit it in the application
3. Yes, and i submitted the government document proving it in the application
4. Yes

Given this, would not mentioning the property at all in future application be misrepresentation?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. yes
2. Property tax wasn't updated so i didn't submit it in the application
3. Yes, and i submitted the government document proving it in the application
4. Yes

Given this, would not mentioning the property at all in future application be misrepresentation?
Let's leave the property issue aside..... and let's return to the key points of inadequate finances for the visit + lack of employment ties + don't have a strong financial situation + no real reason to visit.

Also, you could post the GCMS notes

M.Arun

Mar 4, 2018
Also, you could post the GCMS notes
"no international travel. Insufficient proof of financial status. Does not appear established in home country. Not demonstrated sufficient establishment or ties to motivate return. Not satisfied on balance that he is a bonafide visitor who will depart Canada at the end of authorized stay."

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
"no international travel. Insufficient proof of financial status. Does not appear established in home country. Not demonstrated sufficient establishment or ties to motivate return. Not satisfied on balance that he is a bonafide visitor who will depart Canada at the end of authorized stay."
The GCMS notes are in-line with the visa refusal grounds + the points discussed in this thread

M.Arun

Mar 4, 2018
The GCMS notes are in-line with the visa refusal grounds + the points discussed in this thread
So where do you advise explaining how i have improved in these areas in future application? In form or in letter or both?

Also regarding dealing with the property in subsequent reapplication? Is it safe to omit it entirely? Or would that be misrepresentation?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Also regarding dealing with the property in subsequent reapplication? Is it safe to omit it entirely? Or would that be misrepresentation?
Unfortunately, you're missing the point. The visa officer has not considered the property as yours (based on the GCMS notes). Also, property is usually not an active, compelling reason that would make someone to return to their home country at the end of their visit.

IMO, unless there are no two interpretations about the ownership of the property, it does not help your application.

So where do you advise explaining how i have improved in these areas in future application? In form or in letter or both?
Hard evidence to prove you have addressed each refusal reason + explanations wherever necessary