+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Declared dependents in Provincial Nominee Program

rheafortin

Feb 24, 2024
Hi, my husband works at hylife. Me and oyr 2 kids are declared as his dependents. But, unfortunately, he's having an affair in Canada which lead him to decide that he planned on not gettinh us/ not include us( me and 2kids) in the process of his PR later. Is it possible for him to remove us? Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, my husband works at hylife. Me and oyr 2 kids are declared as his dependents. But, unfortunately, he's having an affair in Canada which lead him to decide that he planned on not gettinh us/ not include us( me and 2kids) in the process of his PR later. Is it possible for him to remove us? Thanks
He can remove you at anytime, yes. The kids have to be declared and take a medical for him to get PR. Have they done the medical? If not and you refuse, he can sign off that he is not declaring his children and they can never get PR through him.

rheafortin

Feb 24, 2024
We have not done our medical yet. I will not refuse on getting medical for my kids for him to get PR. Is it really possible to remove us even if we are married and declared as his dependents? A lot of PR in Manitoba told us that he cannot erase/delete any information because his documents were already submitted and out info (wife and 2 kids) are included there. They said that either he will sponsor us or he will be forced to go back to his country since gis PR application will be declined.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We have not done our medical yet. I will not refuse on getting medical for my kids for him to get PR. Is it really possible to remove us even if we are married and declared as his dependents? A lot of PR in Manitoba told us that he cannot erase/delete any information because his documents were already submitted and out info (wife and 2 kids) are included there. They said that either he will sponsor us or he will be forced to go back to his country since gis PR application will be declined.
If he doesn’t want to sponsor you for PR, he doesn’t have to. He can inform IRCC anytime before you land to have you removed from his file as accompanying. He would not be forced to go back to his country. Has he started divorce proceedings in Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
He cannot erase your information however he can change you to non accompanying which means you won't get PR.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
To clarify, he is not obligated to sponsor you. There is no such rule.

rheafortin

Feb 24, 2024
If he doesn’t want to sponsor you for PR, he doesn’t have to. He can inform IRCC anytime before you land to have you removed from his file as accompanying. He would not be forced to go back to his country. Has he started divorce proceedings in Canada?
No, he never initiated a divorce.