+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Declaration of Tax residence Part XIX:

gops75

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Dear Friends,
I opened a bank account with RBC, Toronto, and after a week, I received a form - Declaration of Tax residence Part XIX for CRA.

I have two questions:
1) Because I am a new comer, (and I don't have a house -- rented or own), can I put my home country (from where I shifted from) as my permanent address. I am also doing a soft landing, and hence will be going back to home country for at least another 3 months.
2) And regarding the check boxes option -- section 2. options are 1) I am a tax resident of Canada, 2) I am a tax resident of a jurisdiction other than Canada and USA.

I guess, for the above, I have to select the second option - I am a tax resident of a jurisdiction other than Canada and USA.

Please advise ASAP. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
GV

DXB_CAN

Mar 8, 2018
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
17-05-2017
Nomination.....
23-02-2018
Hello, I just received that same form! what did you do? thanks in advance

JujwahBlack

Apr 26, 2018
Hello there,
What did you both do on the above?
I have recently got the same and I also did a soft landing and still away from Canada for another 4months

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello there,
What did you both do on the above?
I have recently got the same and I also did a soft landing and still away from Canada for another 4months
If you have not settled in Canada you don’t need to file taxes. Look up whether you are a resident for tax purposes.