+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Declaration of severance of common law union

Entity

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
She's saying that she's concerned over not declaring that the cheater common law was her spouse, and instead saying she's completely single. At the time probably due to lack of knowledge and lack of the term, she didn't understand what common law was and just answered single. Now that the other party is already married, she's probably worried that it will cause problems because of her filing tax returns as a common law couple and the Canadian agencies of Income Tax department and Immigration department might communicate with each other.

But Wendy, you should provide clear information as to why you need to submit this form to CIC. Why did they ask for it, and what was the direct situation that led to you needing to disclose this information to them?

Wendy35

Oct 30, 2017
If you have ended this relationship, why would it be misrepresentation to provide it? I don't understand what you think the problem is.
how about my tax filing that i declare him common law is it not the reason why they ask me that form?

Wendy35

Oct 30, 2017
She's saying that she's concerned over not declaring that the cheater common law was her spouse, and instead saying she's completely single. At the time probably due to lack of knowledge and lack of the term, she didn't understand what common law was and just answered single. Now that the other party is already married, she's probably worried that it will cause problems because of her filing tax returns as a common law couple and the Canadian agencies of Income Tax department and Immigration department might communicate with each other.

But Wendy, you should provide clear information as to why you need to submit this form to CIC. Why did they ask for it, and what was the direct situation that led to you needing to disclose this information to them?
Yes that is what i mean. Thank you for helping me understand them. And I’ve been thinking about it is it not because i authorized him on processing my childrens medical and passport application that is why the officer is asking that form? We are in good terms because i make sure he will not oppose on me taking the kids. Because once i get my pr i will take the children.

Jazzed

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
Yes that is what i mean. Thank you for helping me understand them. And I’ve been thinking about it is it not because i authorized him on processing my childrens medical and passport application that is why the officer is asking that form? We are in good terms because i make sure he will not oppose on me taking the kids. Because once i get my pr i will take the children.
So this man is a good enough father that you make him do medical and passport application for the kids you have together and are on *good terms*..but you plan to trick him and take the kids when you get PR?

As a woman and mother if thats the case I have completely lost sympathy. Good luck to you.

Wendy35

Oct 30, 2017
Because first and foremost the reason why i fly abroad and leave the kids at a young age is to give them a better future. And now that i am here i just want to fulfill what i wanted for the children.

Entity

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
I do not think it will be misrepresentation, but it will hurt your case a lot because they will see you as a liar. You should hire a lawyer for that.

Entity

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
So this man is a good enough father that you make him do medical and passport application for the kids you have together and are on *good terms*..but you plan to trick him and take the kids when you get PR?

As a woman and mother if thats the case I have completely lost sympathy. Good luck to you.
He cheated on her. And had affairs. A man that cannot stick to every single word and promise is not someone you can trust to raise a child to be an altruistic and good human being.

Wendy35

Oct 30, 2017
I do not think it will be misrepresentation, but it will hurt your case a lot because they will see you as a liar. You should hire a lawyer for that.
What makes it see me as a liar? Thank you for your responses i will hire a lawyer then.

Wendy35

Oct 30, 2017
He cheated on her. And had affairs. A man that cannot stick to every single word and promise is not someone you can trust to raise a child to be an altruistic and good human being.
Thanks for your responses i appreciate it. Don’t u judge me coz you really don’t know what’s the story.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So do you have an application of some kind with ircc?

Still trying to understand the context in which they are asking this.