+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

declaration of funds but not having the cash on me?

Cf45

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Hi,
I am landing on Friday under family class as PR..My question is I have bank statements for funds but I will not actually be carrying the money on me, it will be sent via wire transfer..so the declaration of funds page do I fill it out?
I am confused by it because I am not carrying coins or currency but I am not carrying the money in stocks bonds etc.

What should I do?
Thanks

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Cf45 said:
Hi,
I am landing on Friday under family class as PR..My question is I have bank statements for funds but I will not actually be carrying the money on me, it will be sent via wire transfer..so the declaration of funds page do I fill it out?
I am confused by it because I am not carrying coins or currency but I am not carrying the money in stocks bonds etc.

What should I do?
Thanks
I believe you only have to fill out the declaration if you are carrying 10k or more.

khanSab

May 3, 2011
Hi there Congratulations and I truly hope that everything goes well for you. there is a declaration form at the immigration receptions at the airports, I only have peace of suggestion to give you is that you must mention that you are expecting some money transfer at later date, mention the date if you know it, then you would not be asked any questions later. however I do believe that they expect you to carry money on you at landing, you must have read numerous times on the forum. but that is completely okay!!. also keep in mind having money transfer would cost you lot more than you might have thought.
all the best for Friday.. Welcome to Canada in advance from Me

Cf45

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Thank you.
Yeah i looked into it a bit further seems like i am going to open a US TD account and then one in Canada and they offer free wire transfers back and forth between curriencies.