Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13-03-14 SUBMITTED 21-03-14
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-14
LANDED..........
14-04-14(COVERED BY THE BLOOD)
Hi there, I have a concern. my spouse is sponsoring me and my daughter who is eleven. the application is in process and I was called the other day to have the other parent sign the form and stuff but here is where my problem comes in.. my child's father is not in the picture and hasn't been for a number of yrs (neither financially nor otherwise) nor is he living in the country I'm presenting residing(yes he's on her Birth paper). I told the person this who had called me from the immigrations office so she said, oh,type up a letter stating this and have it signed by a witness( public notary,JP) which I did nd send it in along with the Passports which was asked for. I guess my concern is whether this will slim the possibility of us being granted the visa, having not filling out the form?

nezya

May 16, 2010
marshaybell said:
Hi there, I have a concern. my spouse is sponsoring me and my daughter who is eleven. the application is in process and I was called the other day to have the other parent sign the form and stuff but here is where my problem comes in.. my child's father is not in the picture and hasn't been for a number of yrs (neither financially nor otherwise) nor is he living in the country I'm presenting residing(yes he's on her Birth paper). I told the person this who had called me from the immigrations office so she said, oh,type up a letter stating this and have it signed by a witness( public notary,JP) which I did nd send it in along with the Passports which was asked for. I guess my concern is whether this will slim the possibility of us being granted the visa, having not filling out the form?
They will consider your letter.

lola2610

Jan 24, 2015
HI! I would like to know what happened to you. I have the same sad situation and I would like to know if the letter was accepted. Thanks :)
lola

GCB

Jan 27, 2015
Yes, please let us know.were you able to get your dependent with explanation letter notarized ?
What if the father wouldnt sign the document sent by immigration?
Thanks

Rhea1112

Aug 15, 2017
Hi! I recently got my approval for provincial nomination and now in the process of organizing the requirements for permanent residence application. One of the requirements is a Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent. I am not married to my son's father but he has our child. He refused to sign the declaration. Is this going to affect my application? Please note that my son is declared as "non-accompanying" in my application.

I would truly appreciate advice on this issue. Thank you.