+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deck officers, water transport (NOC 2273)

zmehta

Sep 17, 2017
Cyprus
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Hi ,I m marine engineer for last 2 years
I am a permanent employee , having spend 4 months at sea and 2 months at home .
I get pay round the year same salary at home too.
How to calculate work experience then?

Have paid to submit my profile via WWICS delhi
I have 1 year pre sea GME diploma and 4 year Btech ME

DC.CA

Apr 11, 2016
Hi ,I m marine engineer for last 2 years
I am a permanent employee , having spend 4 months at sea and 2 months at home .
I get pay round the year same salary at home too.
How to calculate work experience then?

Have paid to submit my profile via WWICS delhi
I have 1 year pre sea GME diploma and 4 year Btech ME
Include your holidays in your work experience.

You would need 3 years of work experience to get to a qualifying score, generally speaking.

M Gill

Nov 14, 2017
Good day to All,

I am second officer with BSc nautical science having 7yrs of sailling experience with IElTS score 6band in each but 5.5 band in writing want to apply for PR.

Do my wife also have to do IELTS with 6 band each score?

Kindly advise if any good consultant with ship officer case experience.

Email id msgill_24@rediffmail.com

Thank you
Really appreciate the thead

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Good day to All,

I am second officer with BSc nautical science having 7yrs of sailling experience with IElTS score 6band in each but 5.5 band in writing want to apply for PR.

Thank you
1. If you are the principal applicant, then your 5.5 in writing disqualifies you.

Reactions: M Gill

DC.CA

Apr 11, 2016
Good day to All,

Thank you
Hi M Gill,

1) With your score, I am afraid you would not reach the qualifying CRS (Comprehensive Ranking Score).
2) Further, I would advise you to aim for minimum CLB 9 (Canadian Language Benchmark) in IELTS (General Training), which corresponds to L=8, R=7, W=7, S=7 Bands, should you want to get your PR for Canada.
3) Yes, your wife is also required to score good bands, IELTS with 6 each won't be enough, citing the present CRS cut-off.
3) And if your wife has 3+ years of work experience and a good proficiency in English, we can look at the possibility of her being the principal applicant for the Canada immigration purpose.
4) Nevertheless, you both (Husband & Wife) are required, no matter who is the principal applicant, to get good IELTS score, if you want to have an ITA (Invitation to Apply) in hand.

Should you still have any more concerns, go ahead and write again....or...leave me a PM with your number.

All the best.

(hit 'LIKE' right below, if the answer helped)

Reactions: M Gill

M Gill

Nov 14, 2017
Hi M Gill,

1) With your score, I am afraid you would not reach the qualifying CRS (Comprehensive Ranking Score).
2) Further, I would advise you to aim for minimum CLB 9 (Canadian Language Benchmark) in IELTS (General Training), which corresponds to L=8, R=7, W=7, S=7 Bands, should you want to get your PR for Canada.
3) Yes, your wife is also required to score good bands, IELTS with 6 each won't be enough, citing the present CRS cut-off.
3) And if your wife has 3+ years of work experience and a good proficiency in English, we can look at the possibility of her being the principal applicant for the Canada immigration purpose.
4) Nevertheless, you both (Husband & Wife) are required, no matter who is the principal applicant, to get good IELTS score, if you want to have an ITA (Invitation to Apply) in hand.

Should you still have any more concerns, go ahead and write again....or...leave me a PM with your number.

All the best.

(hit 'LIKE' right below, if the answer helped)

tbamrah

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
hey there,I'm also a marine engineer holding class 4 lisence in india.
can you please explain the whole process to go about it.I want to settle in canada with my wife who is an M.tech in CSE.
I have a NOC 2274,but code is B,where as I have done mechanical Btech which falls under Code A,
Now I'm confused how to go about is

gsohi2011

May 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
File Transfer...
27-10-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
01-04-2018
can you please explain the whole process to go about it.I want to settle in canada with my wife who is an M.tech in CSE.
I have a NOC 2274,but code is B,where as I have done mechanical Btech which falls under Code A,
You can join this telegram group
https://t.me/joinchat/GSZwuAzcktR9YI-twZWJeA

Reactions: tbamrah

DC.CA

Apr 11, 2016
Hi tbamrah,

You seem to be good-to-go and very much eligible for Canadian PR.

To avoid complication in the case, I would suggest that if your wife has 3+ years of work experience, make her a principal applicant and then your work experience is out of the picture, and you need not worry about it then.

(Hit 'LIKE' right below, if the answer helped)

Reactions: tbamrah

tbamrah

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Hi tbamrah,

You seem to be good-to-go and very much eligible for Canadian PR.

To avoid complication in the case, I would suggest that if your wife has 3+ years of work experience, make her a principal applicant and then your work experience is out of the picture, and you need not worry about it then.

she only has 1 year Teaching exp.I think I can get a service letter from my company without stating that my job is contractual.

Mar 7, 2018
Dear DC.CA,

I am a Filipino Master or Captain and active Seafarer in the offshore industry. I have work experienced more than 3 years to my currrent position and more than 20yrs as a Seafarer beginning from Deck Rating untill Master. I had Bachelors Degree Diploma on Marine Transportation or BSMT course on college. I had a national license including COC and COE for the Master. I am 43 yrs old now with two kids and spouse. My question is am I qualified for PR Visa, How can I work to Canada using my national License or COC/COE or present position onboard. I am also a contractual seaman 3 months on and 3 months of and I worked on so many company outside the Philippines. Please advise me as Im willing to migrate to Canada and work in the same field. Thanks

DC.CA

Apr 11, 2016
Dear DC.CA,

I am a Filipino Master or Captain and active Seafarer in the offshore industry. I have work experienced more than 3 years to my currrent position and more than 20yrs as a Seafarer beginning from Deck Rating untill Master. I had Bachelors Degree Diploma on Marine Transportation or BSMT course on college. I had a national license including COC and COE for the Master. I am 43 yrs old now with two kids and spouse. My question is am I qualified for PR Visa, How can I work to Canada using my national License or COC/COE or present position onboard. I am also a contractual seaman 3 months on and 3 months of and I worked on so many company outside the Philippines. Please advise me as Im willing to migrate to Canada and work in the same field. Thanks
Dear Randy,

A) I see your profile, it is pretty impressive and happy to see your willingness to come to Canada.

B) Further, with regard to the possibility of your immigration to Canada - I see you're losing big points (around 70-80 points) in your age. Which makes it quite difficult for you to come any closer to a qualifying cut-off score. I, however, recommend you to fill up the below form and submit and let me calculate your exact score. Here is the link- https://goo.gl/forms/vlXjgfrDAXPUdObg1

C) Now, coming to your curiosity of working in your field in Canada :-
- In order to work onboard Canadian ships and/or Canadian waters, one has to have a Canadian CoC.
- There is no concept of issuing COE or COR here in Canada.
- In order to have a Canadian CoC, one must submit his/her CoC, supporting documents, certificates and sea-service to 'Transport Canada' (Canadian authority who deals with Seafarers' licencing)
- Then they evaluate and tell you; what all exams and training one must need to re-take for being eligible to earn a Canadian CoC.
- And after completing/passing all those exams - one is awarded a Canadian CoC.
- Now he/she can work onboard Canadian ship/waters.

Good luck to you in all your endeavours.

DC.CA

Apr 11, 2016
Dear Randy,

A) I see your profile, it is pretty impressive and happy to see your willingness to come to Canada.

B) Further, with regard to the possibility of your immigration to Canada - I see you're losing big points (around 70-80 points) in your age. Which makes it quite difficult for you to come any closer to a qualifying cut-off score. I, however, recommend you to fill up the below form and submit and let me calculate your exact score. Here is the link- https://goo.gl/forms/vlXjgfrDAXPUdObg1

C) Now, coming to your curiosity of working in your field in Canada :-
- In order to work onboard Canadian ships and/or Canadian waters, one has to have a Canadian CoC.
- There is no concept of issuing COE or COR here in Canada.
- In order to have a Canadian CoC, one must submit his/her CoC, supporting documents, certificates and sea-service to 'Transport Canada' (Canadian authority who deals with Seafarers' licencing)
- Then they evaluate and tell you; what all exams and training one must need to re-take for being eligible to earn a Canadian CoC.
- And after completing/passing all those exams - one is awarded a Canadian CoC.
- Now he/she can work onboard Canadian ship/waters.

Good luck to you in all your endeavours.

Hi Capt. Randy,

I have checked all the credentials/details you submitted through above link/form.

You are not able to come close to cut-off score. I tried making your wife a principal applicant but that is not increasing the score very much either.
It is just because of the age that you're losing big points, a 29 yr old person would fetch 110 points, whereas a 43 yr old will get only 17 points. It is a huge gap that they have for age-related points.

I would suggest you to either try for PNP (Provincial Nomination Program) and/or a Job Offer from a Canadian Employer for you or your wife.
If you are able to get a PNP or a Job Offer, you can get the immigrant PR visa to Canada. Without which, I am afraid, to me, your Canadian immigration goal does not seem to materialize.

All the best.