+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Reserved :o

refugeeseeker

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
I had my hearing recently. At the end judge, told decision is reserved and it will be mailed. Any idea how long does it takes? And is it true, if the judge does not approve at the hearing basically its a Denied. Please share your experience. Thank you :)

seeking light

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
faredtsbc said:
Usually between 2 to 3 weeks
Member gave me positive decision orally after hearing. It's been 2 weeks. Didn't receive letter yet. Should I be worried? Can they change the decision in letter?

faredtsbc

Star Member
Sep 26, 2016
seeking light said:
Member gave me positive decision orally after hearing. It's been 2 weeks. Didn't receive letter yet. Should I be worried? Can they change the decision in letter?
Was it explicit or implicit positive. I guess the comment was positive then you should be positive too.

seeking light

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
faredtsbc said:
Was it explicit or implicit positive. I guess the comment was positive then you should be positive too.
Member read the decision for ten minutes. And said multiple times that " I consider you convention refugee". After that member said the written decision will be mailed. When member left room, my lawyer also congratulated me. Let's see

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, they can't change their mind. It's a legal verbal confirmation you are a refugee. Verbal or written is still legally binding and they can't change it unless they discovered that you mispresented or lied in your application. If not, then positive is still positive.

seeking light

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
key78 said:
No, they can't change their mind. It's a legal verbal confirmation you are a refugee. Verbal or written is still legally binding and they can't change it unless they discovered that you mispresented or lied in your application. If not, then positive is still positive.
Nothing misrepresented or lied. All the beatings took place in montreal. Rcmp and montreal police has full details of my case. Maybe that's why member decided in 15 minutes of hearing. Was just worried for mail. Thank you for help and time

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry about the mail. you will get it. It may take 2 weeks -6 weeks depending on how busy the offices are with issuing decision notices, and as far as I know the office that issues those notices are located in some other cities in Canada that it is not located at your city.

faredtsbc

Star Member
Sep 26, 2016
seeking light said:
Member read the decision for ten minutes. And said multiple times that " I consider you convention refugee". After that member said the written decision will be mailed. When member left room, my lawyer also congratulated me. Let's see
Then congratulation. Rest assured.

refugeeseeker

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
After roughly 6 week of waiting. I still didn't receive the letter yet. So I called IRB today to find out, they told no decision made and gave me the officer name and number.
Is it wise, to call the officer or just wait?
My friends suggest not too. What do you guys suggest?