+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

decision made???

scorpio85

Sep 19, 2011
Hi everyone, im new to this forum but i have a few questions to as please. my husband recently had his interview about a wee ago now and the officer told him that they would get bac to him. well, i just happened to take a look at his online status and it says decision made. he already sent in his medicals and police checks earlier when he sent in everything.....pls wt does this mean? and also if someone stayed a while longer in another country when his/her visa expired, does it affect their chance of getting a visa to canada now....keep in mind dt d officer asked them to be honest and they were honest? by the way, d immigration office is accra, ghana for canada. thanks again

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
scorpio85 said:
Hi everyone, im new to this forum but i have a few questions to as please. my husband recently had his interview about a wee ago now and the officer told him that they would get bac to him. well, i just happened to take a look at his online status and it says decision made. he already sent in his medicals and police checks earlier when he sent in everything.....pls wt does this mean? and also if someone stayed a while longer in another country when his/her visa expired, does it affect their chance of getting a visa to canada now....keep in mind dt d officer asked them to be honest and they were honest? by the way, d immigration office is accra, ghana for canada. thanks again
Decision could be positive or negative you won't know until the letter is received lets hope its a positive decision. Has he received passport request yet? Or did they keep it after his interview? If so then he will probably be receiving his VISA, if he hasn't submitted his passport then you would have to wait for the letter to arrive and see what it says...

Reactions: Virgo29

scorpio85

Sep 19, 2011
wes786 said:
Decision could be positive or negative you won't know until the letter is received lets hope its a positive decision. Has he received passport request yet? Or did they keep it after his interview? If so then he will probably be receiving his VISA, if he hasn't submitted his passport then you would have to wait for the letter to arrive and see what it says...
well, i guessed that he would have to wait for that email or letter first. he doesnt live in ghana, he lives in nigeria so im assuming they wouldnt take his passport from him, bcos he wont be able to go back home if they did. im just really nervous , plus i sent a letter to accra from my mp's office stating that i would luv to have my family reunited cos of my son. i told them dt i had to leave my child with my husband so i could complete my pre-grad and dt i was getting a job by december 2011. dunno if that helped tho, just frightened

scorpio85

Sep 19, 2011
bullet0805 said:
Most likely they have approved your PR application..visa will arrive very soon..congrats in advance
well, just hopin dt they approve cos of our son, really hope so. thanks

turquoise

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
Doc's Request.
07/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Done....
04/2011
Passport Req..
October 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 13, 2011
LANDED..........
October 14, 2011
Scorpio85,

I have a son too but still they denied my husband's application. my husband's been away for 2 yrs now. I had to appeal it in court to be able to overturned their decision and back to re-processing again. If he has no any criminality issues and if they will ask him his passport eventually, that's good news. this is just based on my experience. I wish you luck.

Turquoise

needmyhushand

Star Member
May 17, 2011
Visa Office......
jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
File Transfer...
04/26/2011
how long after it say in process it take to change to disecion make

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
needmyhushand said:
how long after it say in process it take to change to disecion make
Depends on the VISA office where your file is being processed. Click below for details:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wes786 said:
Depends on the VISA office where your file is being processed. Click below for details:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp
that wasn't her question

she wants to know how long after eCas say in process does it take to change to decision made

You are correct depends on the VO but the link is for processing times eCas is not relaiable which we all have come to known

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Kedeisha said:
that wasn't her question

she wants to know how long after eCas say in process does it take to change to decision made

You are correct depends on the VO but the link is for processing times eCas is not relaiable which we all have come to known
Doesn't it say 'in process' when they create the applicant's file abroad and doesn't it say 'decision made' once the process finishes??? Am I missing something? Thats the whole process and I posted the link for processing time... :S My wife's file took 19 months to change from 'in process' to 'decision made' and official timeline on CIC website for my VO is 24Months...

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wes786 said:
Doesn't it say 'in process' when they create the applicant's file abroad and doesn't it say 'decision made' once the process finishes??? Am I missing something? Thats the whole process and I posted the link for processing time... :S My wife's file took 19 months to change from 'in process' to 'decision made' and official timeline on CIC website for my VO is 24Months...
no you are not missing anything basically there are a few in between such as medical results received etc but the poster wanted to know a timeframe such as 1 mth or 2 mth but as u correctly answer its based on the VO and eCas is not reliable so no need to go by updates as some people eCas never gets updated until after landing

scorpio85

Sep 19, 2011
turquoise said:
Scorpio85,

I have a son too but still they denied my husband's application. my husband's been away for 2 yrs now. I had to appeal it in court to be able to overturned their decision and back to re-processing again. If he has no any criminality issues and if they will ask him his passport eventually, that's good news. this is just based on my experience. I wish you luck.

Turquoise
thanks guy, received a refusal letter....about to start appealing, just holding on to faith. we were refused because some karen lady felt he got married to me, made me go through a whole day of labor just for my husband to come here :mad:

billybob

Sep 14, 2011
turquoise said:
Scorpio85,

Turquoise
turquoise, do you mind if I ask you what reason they gave for your refusal? Was it an inland or outland app? And did he have an interview before the refusal? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scorpio85 said:
thanks guy, received a refusal letter....about to start appealing, just holding on to faith. we were refused because some karen lady felt he got married to me, made me go through a whole day of labor just for my husband to come here :mad:
Sorry to hear you were refused but glad to know you are not giving up