Decision made

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Flying fast
We lived together from 2018 to 2021.
We had common law application in n paid for..our rep took our money n never filed.
We didn't know until CBSA contacted him for interview...as he over stayed. He was sent home on Exclusion order. This is when we found out our rep misrepresented us n cheated us!
So we hired another rep n had reapplied n decided get married first.
We are devastated. Not sure how appeal works...as do not have financial means to hire a lawyer
Contact the media and disclose the name of the rep that did this to you!

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
@JaCan2022 I have already warned you but guess you disregarded my earlier post. Anyhow it is going to be ok just remember there is always light end of the tunnel.

Good luck

• Angry
Reactions: Ponga

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
You warned me?
How is this going to be ok?
It’s not about what is going to be ok what is not. I have told you about the possible outcome of your situation because I had similar experience with my application.

I only tried to warn you so you are prepared for it. All to say be strong and have faith in your relationship. It is going to workout just may take some time.

JaCan2022

Oct 2, 2022
It’s not about what is going to be ok what is not. I have told you about the possible outcome of your situation because I had similar experience with my application.

I only tried to warn you so you are prepared for it. All to say be strong and have faith in your relationship. It is going to workout just may take some time.
Sorry...I do not recall seeing that post to me.
How can it work out?
Have to appeal.
How was yours similar n how did yours work out?

JaCan2022

Oct 2, 2022
@JaCan2022
If you see decision status has changed to decision made without them asking for police clearance and medical then there is a good chance they are going to refuse the application. It happened with me, my decision was made fairly very close to my actual interview date and it was refused. I was never asked to submit police clearance.

Good Luck
That was all.done ans cleared before interview

Ehh

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Interview in Kingston Dec 7th, ecas changed from in progress to decision made on Dec 19th...still not received any correspondence with wgat decision is. Should we be concern, is this a "bad" vibe? When should I call to see?
Any updates ? I'm really curious about the interview. Can you share more questions they ask? My spouse is in Canda and we applied through the in-land sponsorship. I heard they weren't doing interviews anymore, so I guess they are. Not sure if we're near that stage of the application yet though.

JaCan2022

Oct 2, 2022
Any updates ? I'm really curious about the interview. Can you share more questions they ask? My spouse is in Canda and we applied through the in-land sponsorship. I heard they weren't doing interviews anymore, so I guess they are. Not sure if we're near that stage of the application yet though.
Our application was denied. I guess officer did not feel relationship was genuine...all though we had plenty support docs etc...she just was not satisfied the way he answered her one question of how this looks as marriage of convenience.
Geesh we were common law for 3 years before n had been cheated by previous rep who took out money n never filed....did not know until CBSA contacted him.

We are devastated n heart broken. Now need to research how to appeal . Can not afford a lawyer n will not qualify for legal aid.

Ehh

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Our application was denied. I guess officer did not feel relationship was genuine...all though we had plenty support docs etc...she just was not satisfied the way he answered her one question of how this looks as marriage of convenience.
Geesh we were common law for 3 years before n had been cheated by previous rep who took out money n never filed....did not know until CBSA contacted him.

We are devastated n heart broken. Now need to research how to appeal . Can not afford a lawyer n will not qualify for legal aid.
OMG!!! I'm SO sorry to hear this. I didn't believe this could even happen!!! I'm devastated for you. And to be denied on something so subjective! I wish you all best - I really hope you figure out how to appeal :(

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

So sorry to hear this.

Maybe your local MP could be of some help, in terms of finding resources that you may qualify for regarding the appeal.

There's no shame in asking for financial help, so consider looking into starting a fund raising campaign (like Patreon or Go Fund Me).

Shafiqua

May 11, 2019
Hi All,

My husband sponsored me from Canada and i am in India.
1) Application done in May 2021
2) AOR received in May 2021
3) biometric request in August 2021
4) medical in October 2021
After all this, nothing till June 2022
At the end of June 2022 we received a letter for interview at New Delhi.
Our interview was in August 2022.
Done with the interview and the visa officer accepted our relationship.
After that no email nothing, just wait and wait. In December 2022 received an email for second medical exam as my previous medical was expired.
Done with second medical in January 2023 and then again wait.
Can anyone please help me with this
What will be IRCC next step and now how long will be my wait.
It will be great help please.
Thanks for your valuable time on reading my message.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

My husband sponsored me from Canada and i am in India.
1) Application done in May 2021
2) AOR received in May 2021
3) biometric request in August 2021
4) medical in October 2021
After all this, nothing till June 2022
At the end of June 2022 we received a letter for interview at New Delhi.
Our interview was in August 2022.
Done with the interview and the visa officer accepted our relationship.
After that no email nothing, just wait and wait. In December 2022 received an email for second medical exam as my previous medical was expired.
Done with second medical in January 2023 and then again wait.
Can anyone please help me with this
What will be IRCC next step and now how long will be my wait.
It will be great help please.
Thanks for your valuable time on reading my message.
If you pass the medical you should here anytime from now until a few months. You are waiting for the final approval and PPR.