+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision made

amasyuki1

Nov 9, 2017
Hi Everyone
I am just a bit worried. I went for the test and I passed it. CIC request for my finger print and I also sent it. My application shows decision made and I called they said it's been approved and it's the letter for oat left. Im traveling in few weeks and my PR is expired I applied they're taking long time to process it. Any risk for me applying for travel document to come back if my pink letter is not sent before November ending. Ceremony date in ottawa is 23rd Nov.

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Maybe wait if not so urgent or go amd. Ome back tru the border

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
Hi Everyone
I am just a bit worried. I went for the test and I passed it. CIC request for my finger print and I also sent it. My application shows decision made and I called they said it's been approved and it's the letter for oat left. Im traveling in few weeks and my PR is expired I applied they're taking long time to process it. Any risk for me applying for travel document to come back if my pink letter is not sent before November ending. Ceremony date in ottawa is 23rd Nov.
When did you apply?

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone
Contact CIC with regards to your PR card application and let them know you are travelling.
Alternatively contact them with regards to your Oath ceremony and see if that can be proponed or postponed
Travel document has to be applied outside Canada and today is 10th Nov, I doubt you will be able to get in time for oath on 23rd Nov

Your best option is to delay your travel to few days after the oath where you can get your passport to reenter.

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Hi Everyone
Hi amasyuki1,

I can understand your concerns. The way I see it, you have two options at this time.

Option #1: If your travelling is not of an emergency, you can probably wait a while, complete your ceremony and then plan your travelling, Why I think this option is best for you? Well, you worked so hard and waited so long and I have a strong gut feeling saying that you would hate to postpone your ceremony date!

Option #2: On the other hand, if your travel plans can't wait, then contact the IRCC Call centre and discuss your options if you could postpone the ceremony after you come back to Canada. If that's possible, then get a date and as a safe-proof plan shoot an email to the CIC office with your current dilemma and about the discussion you had with the Call centre rep,

I hope that everything works out.
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Have safe travels and good luck with your Citizenship Ceremony!

Kal

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
You want to travel with an expired PR card and the Citizenship oath coming up?
Except if it's REALLY REALLY necessary to leave (e.g. a close family member dying abroad), I wouldn't.
I missed 2 wedding ceremonies from close friends in Belgium because I didn't want to travel while renewing paperwork. Too risky.

Reactions: nofrills

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
09-07-2011, Aug 31 2012 re-med
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
it happened to me. i told them i got a booked ticket and planned vacation. its good thing that finally they scheduled me an oath taking, but im not lucky enough because the schedule date was my flight back to canada. so i end up asking them to re-schedule it

amasyuki1

Nov 9, 2017
it happened to me. i told them i got a booked ticket and planned vacation. its good thing that finally they scheduled me an oath taking, but im not lucky enough because the schedule date was my flight back to canada. so i end up asking them to re-schedule it
Was ur PR CARD still valid or expired? And did you applied for travel document to come back?

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
09-07-2011, Aug 31 2012 re-med
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
Was ur PR CARD still valid or expired? And did you applied for travel document to come back?
my PR card still valid until January 2018, im kinda lucky but my old passport was not valid anymore so i applied travel document from my embassy

amasyuki1

Nov 9, 2017
Hi Everyone guess what I just checked my application online and they sent me letter for the ceremony scheduled for Dec 8th.. I'm so happy

Reactions: Katayoon

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
C
Hi Everyone guess what I just checked my application online and they sent me letter for the ceremony scheduled for Dec 8th.. I'm so happy
congratulations. You can always come thru border of Us by road with copr

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can get my passport before my travel date so I should be good.
When was your test, if you don't mind sharing? I sat mine on October 26th also in Ottawa. Still waiting for oath. I guess I did not make it to the Dec 8th ceremony :mad: