+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
Update:
I turned off my caller ID on my phone and was able to get through. However, their call volume was so high, the recording told me to call back later.

Turns out all the fretting was for nothing, because when we got off the phone and checked the email.....there it was! Yay! They asked for two new pictures. US is visa and ETA exempt so that part of the email wasn't applicable to us. I FedEx'd the pics and included a pre-paid FedEx envelope for them. I will let you know how long this stage takes, but it seems like the long wait has finally paid off!
Congratulations and all the very best to you

Mnpatel228

Star Member
Jul 16, 2017
On July 6 I checked online and it said Decision Made. There was no updated information once I clicked the Decision Made link. The last time they asked for information was in Nov. of 2016. I have long ago given up trying to link the account.

So we have been dutifully checking email and spam and there has been nothing. Nothing in the postal service either.

What is the typical time line at this point? Or maybe I should be asking "Is there a typical time line?".

So now I am about to jump out of my skin waiting for anything to tell us what the decision was. o_O

Anyone's insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Can you tell me when did you submitted your medical and pcc?

DEBBIEG

Jun 25, 2016
Oregon
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-28-2016
Doc's Request.
27-10-2016
AOR Received.
08-18-2016
File Transfer...
8-30-2016
Med's Request
completed upfront
Med's Done....
06-07-016
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017
The medicals were submitted with the application. Actually, they got there first. The exam was on July 6, 2016 and were transmitted directly to CIC. Application sent in July 28, 2016. PCC was sent in November when we received them. I provided proof in the application that they had been requested from the FBI.

Hope this helps!

JoyDivision

Jul 25, 2017
Update:
I turned off my caller ID on my phone and was able to get through. However, their call volume was so high, the recording told me to call back later.

Turns out all the fretting was for nothing, because when we got off the phone and checked the email.....there it was! Yay! They asked for two new pictures. US is visa and ETA exempt so that part of the email wasn't applicable to us. I FedEx'd the pics and included a pre-paid FedEx envelope for them. I will let you know how long this stage takes, but it seems like the long wait has finally paid off!
Just one question.
I'm actually got DM and waiting for further instruction (like PPL). Did they send you the the PPL while you were talking to the CIC call center agent or they sent you the letter before (but you wasn't aware the letter already in your email box). For me , I'm trying to figure out whether they already sent the letter but, for whatever reason, I didn't get it or they simply didn't send it. Thank you

DEBBIEG

Jun 25, 2016
Oregon
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-28-2016
Doc's Request.
27-10-2016
AOR Received.
08-18-2016
File Transfer...
8-30-2016
Med's Request
completed upfront
Med's Done....
06-07-016
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017
Just one question.
I'm actually got DM and waiting for further instruction (like PPL). Did they send you the the PPL while you were talking to the CIC call center agent or they sent you the letter before (but you wasn't aware the letter already in your email box). For me , I'm trying to figure out whether they already sent the letter but, for whatever reason, I didn't get it or they simply didn't send it. Thank you
I never actually got through to the call center. I almost got there, but the recording said they were too busy and it disconnected the call. It was a Monday, so that sort of makes sense. That is when we looked in the email again and the email message was there. And yes, the email had been in my husband's (the PA) email but he missed it. :rolleyes: To be fair, the email didn't come from "CIC" as previous ones did. It came from "CPCO-FinalRequest / CTDO-DemandeFinale" and the subject line was "Ready for Visa". I think that's why he missed it. I looked in his email and it caught my eye because it was in both English and French.

So it took about a week after I noticed the DM. I don't know what day the DM was posted, because I stopped looking every day.

JoyDivision

Jul 25, 2017
I never actually got through to the call center. I almost got there, but the recording said they were too busy and it disconnected the call. It was a Monday, so that sort of makes sense. That is when we looked in the email again and the email message was there. And yes, the email had been in my husband's (the PA) email but he missed it. :rolleyes: To be fair, the email didn't come from "CIC" as previous ones did. It came from "CPCO-FinalRequest / CTDO-DemandeFinale" and the subject line was "Ready for Visa". I think that's why he missed it. I looked in his email and it caught my eye because it was in both English and French.

So it took about a week after I noticed the DM. I don't know what day the DM was posted, because I stopped looking every day.
Thank you so much for the information. I guess I'll just have to call CIC call center (I have been emailing the act visa office throughout the process but they never reply).
Enjoy your life in Canada!