+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made

Gregor

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Today I noticed that our status has changed from in process to decision made, hopefully we'll be getting our passports back with stamped visas soon. We'll see.
Gregor

sublu

Jan 7, 2010
Fingers crossed for you! Can i just ask.. as a newbie to all of this, did you do your application from start to finish yourself? was it fairly 'pain-free' and if you dont mind me asking under which category did you apply? Myself and my partner have decided we would like to apply, so we are basically thinking that if i work for a year to get my experience part out of the way, while doing french night class,... we're not planning to apply for about a year...

newceo

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
......CONGRATULATIONS....

I am in the same boat as you. My status was changed to Decision Made in second week of Dec. Believe it is going to be Positivie.
Waiting for my Visa.

Gregor

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Yes we did the application ourselves. I would not call it pain-free but manageable enough, also thanks to help of people from this forum. Skilled Worker Category, academic lecturer.
Good luck with your application when you decide to go for it!

Gregor

Roger55

Oct 13, 2009
sublu said:
Fingers crossed for you! Can i just ask.. as a newbie to all of this, did you do your application from start to finish yourself? was it fairly 'pain-free' and if you dont mind me asking under which category did you apply? Myself and my partner have decided we would like to apply, so we are basically thinking that if i work for a year to get my experience part out of the way, while doing french night class,... we're not planning to apply for about a year...
If you know english well enough, go for it, do it yourself . All you have to do is strictly follow directions on instruction booklet ( cic webpage) and have all documentation and money ready for deadlines. Any doubts come here. My suggestion is to print all yhe instruction booklets and read them first.

newceo

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
I did it for myself and my family. I took almost 2 to 3 months for submitting the application. Bcos need to collect all the required documents like PCC, FBI finger print etc.... To make sure I have not made any mistakes and everything is in place spent almost 3-4 days just for verifying the filled application form.

Gregor

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Hopefully good news for you. Sorry.. how long did it take from first applying?
We're 2007 applicants; it's been almost 1000days now, long wait but hopefully worth it.

ymman

Jan 7, 2010
HI MY GREGOR, I AM A 2007 APPLICANT AND I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY TURN. I RECEIVED FIRST LETTER FROM EMBASSY LAST FEB 2008 AND SECOND LETTER LAST DEC 2008 ASKING IF I AM STILL INTERESTED. WHERE DID YOU APPLY AND CAN YOU SEND ME THE TIMELINE OF YOUR APPLICATION. THANKS A LOT. I AM A FILIPINO.

gigab

Jan 20, 2009
Calgary
Visa Office......
Guatemala
App. Filed.......
6/July/2009
Doc's Request.
2/Sept./2009
AOR Received.
11/January/2010
File Transfer...
Documents arrived: 17/Dec./2009
Med's Request
1/March/2010 received 26/March/2010
Med's Done....
17April/2010. Additional documents sent 28/April
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5/May/2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec. 10, 2010. Received January 11, 2011.
LANDED..........
March 10, 2011
Congrats Gregor, I would like to ask If the visa office called any of your employees or did you receive any call and was your interview waived? Do yoou think they verrify your information?

Thanks
Gigab