+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
If I am already in Canada on a work visa and have just received the notification that a decision has been made on my PR stating "The office will contact you concerning this decision", how long does it usually take to receive that notification?

I am using an immigration lawyer that hasn't been all that helpful so any information from people who have gone through this process before would be a big help!!

Thanks!

cheemaprince_brar

Jun 21, 2014
robreeves said:
If I am already in Canada on a work visa and have just received the notification that a decision has been made on my PR stating "The office will contact you concerning this decision", how long does it usually take to receive that notification?

I am using an immigration lawyer that hasn't been all that helpful so any information from people who have gone through this process before would be a big help!!

Thanks!
when did you apply? what's NOC? please explain

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
I am assuming you have applied under CEC class and as well your Medicals and PCC are all done (because the status is "Decision Made"), You should expect your Passport request (PPR) anytime now, once you send your passports, you will get it stamped and mailed back (please ensure you use Canada xpress post return envelops for faster mail delivery).

Once you get this, you can do "landing" by visiting the nearest border office which does "landing" process (not all border offices has this facility)

I would suggest you to visit FAQs by "Iam_Toby" and other seniors, they are really helpful.

I hope you are not stressed and are soaking in to the happiness of becoming a well awaited "PR"

Good luck

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
Well I have an existing 3 year work permit already in my British passport, do I still need to send my passport away? This will cause an issue because I need my passport to travel to work (I am working in Northern Alberta and living in Calgary).

I applied under the CEC class and completed my medicals and paid the fees. There are forums that state that the CIC will just send me a Confirmation of Permanent Residency (COPR) and I take that with me when to the border and state that I would like to land as a permanent resident. After that, apparently all the paperwork is then carried out.

There a lots of different experiences so it can be a little bit confusing. I appreciate everyone's input though

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
Wonderful, thank you so much!!

According to E-CAS, the decision was only made last Friday so does anyone know how long it takes for the CIC to send out the relevant documentation? Is it immediately or does it take a few weeks?

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
robreeves said:
Wonderful, thank you so much!!

According to E-CAS, the decision was only made last Friday so does anyone know how long it takes for the CIC to send out the relevant documentation? Is it immediately or does it take a few weeks?
May be it might take up to a week, since CIC mails are always regular post and has to be from Ottawa....

Good luck...