+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Decision Made" without police certificate?

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
You had a police check when you entered Canada. You have not been anywhere else. Canada is able to check your record within Canada.

Logic says, that they are aware you have not committed any major crimes and that you will be getting an AIP letter.

I cannot say for sure but facts add up.

billybob

Sep 14, 2011
angelbrat said:
You had a police check when you entered Canada. You have not been anywhere else. Canada is able to check your record within Canada.

Logic says, that they are aware you have not committed any major crimes and that you will be getting an AIP letter.

I cannot say for sure but facts add up.
Thanks. Also, I did some more research, and when I applied the guide for "In-Canada Spouse/Common-Law Partner Class" said for my country that I was not to submit a police check upfront. I know this topic is still debated, but I spoke to people from the same country who applied under the same class, inland, and they said that CIC never asked for a police certificate. Apparently they can and will do the checks themselves (fingerprints are not required for a police check for my country), and CIC will only ask you for a check if they need to clear any discrepancies (i.e. if someone with the same name has a criminal record).

Interesting to know, and certainly puts my mind at rest!

yokototo

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2010
Doc's Request.
04-02-2010