+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

decision made without passport request

dessininja

Mar 6, 2015
after four months of my online status changed to "decision made"
i have not received any PPR cal or mail. nothing. just wondering if im got refused or not

hellllllppp

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
dessininja said:
after four months of my online status changed to "decision made"
i have not received any PPR cal or mail. nothing. just wondering if im got refused or not

hellllllppp

Where is the applicant from?and which visa office is processing your case?

They don't always ask for your passport,they don't need it if the applicant is from a visa exempt country

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
No one here can tell you if you've been refused or not.

Also, some VOs appear to do things backwards at times, where they change it to decision made, and then request the passport. It's CIC, none of the Cs stand for consistency.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
if the applicant is visa exempt, then they were probably waived PPR. generally, when status changes to DM without any notification from CIC, requests for more information or an interview, the decision is a positive one. If you are visa exempt, then you can most likely expect your COPR in the mail. it usually is sent through regular mail.

if you require a visa, then the letter you receive will give you instructions about how to send your passport to the visa office for processing.

congrats!

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
Order Notes or contact your MP to know what exactly is done.
All the best

BChome

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0512 and 2121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
15-07-14 & 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
(03-06-2013 - expired) 26-07-2014
rhcohen2014 said:
if the applicant is visa exempt, then they were probably waived PPR. generally, when status changes to DM without any notification from CIC, requests for more information or an interview, the decision is a positive one. If you are visa exempt, then you can most likely expect your COPR in the mail. it usually is sent through regular mail.

if you require a visa, then the letter you receive will give you instructions about how to send your passport to the visa office for processing.

congrats!
I'm visa exempt (British), had Decision Made on Feb 9, and haven't heard anything from them yet..
London processed my file and they have requested updated Schedule A, updated UK police cert, and RCMP cert, also a second medical because first had expired, over the course of the last 10 months. The last document was supplied to them 3 weeks before ECAS changed to decision made.
My MP got an email on Feb 13 stating 'a letter explaining the decision would be sent in due course'.
I am terrified that the wording of the email to the MP indicates a rejection 'letter' rather than COPR or PPR... am I reading too much into this or am I right to be nervous and should be collecting documents for an appeal already?
Any advice about people that have been rejected at this stage would be greatly appreciated... how long am I likely to have wait before I'm notified?
The waiting is agonising and I have no idea what the decision will be.. its 50/50..
They have grounds for refusal based on a 3 year old DUI (in Canada), but I have a strong Humanitarian and Compassionate submission (partner, children, home, jobs, 6 years established in Canada, over 100 references from the community, no other convictions)... I know no one can tell me what the decision will be, but any advice based on other peoples experience would be greatly appreciated, and might help maintain my sanity!
Thanks

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
BChome said:
I'm visa exempt (British), had Decision Made on Feb 9, and haven't heard anything from them yet..
London processed my file and they have requested updated Schedule A, updated UK police cert, and RCMP cert, also a second medical because first had expired, over the course of the last 10 months. The last document was supplied to them 3 weeks before ECAS changed to decision made.
My MP got an email on Feb 13 stating 'a letter explaining the decision would be sent in due course'.
I am terrified that the wording of the email to the MP indicates a rejection 'letter' rather than COPR or PPR... am I reading too much into this or am I right to be nervous and should be collecting documents for an appeal already?
Any advice about people that have been rejected at this stage would be greatly appreciated... how long am I likely to have wait before I'm notified?
The waiting is agonising and I have no idea what the decision will be.. its 50/50..
They have grounds for refusal based on a 3 year old DUI (in Canada), but I have a strong Humanitarian and Compassionate submission (partner, children, home, jobs, 6 years established in Canada, over 100 references from the community, no other convictions)... I know no one can tell me what the decision will be, but any advice based on other peoples experience would be greatly appreciated, and might help maintain my sanity!
Thanks
Did you also file the proper rehabilitation paperwork? I am not sure you are even eligible for that yet as 5 years must have passed from the time you finished your 'sentence' for the DUI. I feel you are likely going to be disappointed. I'm not sure an appeal will help either because you still have 2 years before you are eligible for rehabilitation from your DUI.

I don't think H&C trumps criminality issues, and a DUI is a criminality issue.

BChome

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0512 and 2121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
15-07-14 & 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Alurra71 said:
Did you also file the proper rehabilitation paperwork? I am not sure you are even eligible for that yet as 5 years must have passed from the time you finished your 'sentence' for the DUI. I feel you are likely going to be disappointed. I'm not sure an appeal will help either because you still have 2 years before you are eligible for rehabilitation from your DUI.

I don't think H&C trumps criminality issues, and a DUI is a criminality issue.
Yep I filed for rehabilitation 'for information only' as instructed on CIC website when 5 years haven't elapsed yet.
I hope that H&C has the possibility to overcome minor criminality, because I was told to do this by a senior immigration officer and had a lawyer prepare and submit the documents. I was also told by my lawyer that she'd had another case where this had been successful. I personally know of 2 other cases where DUI convicts have been allowed to stay in Canada with their spouses (1 with a TRP to run until she can be officially 'rehabilitated' and the other was issued their PR)... Who knows what will happen to mine! I cling to these shreds of hope, but I also am totally aware that they refuse me quite easily.. It depends on the mood of the person that assessed my case.. :(
My H&C is hopefully pretty strong especially as the my children are suffering as consequence of being separated from their mother.
I think it could go either way... some days I feel optimistic and other days I feel like its a hopeless cause... the whole situation is driving me insane! Literally! I just want to go home to my family... its not fair that they too are having to suffer so much for one single error of judgement I made over 5 years ago!
- was stopped by RCMP in Jan 2010, but didn't go to court until April 2012, I can apply for a pardon in April 2018

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But a DUI is NOT minor criminality in Canada.

I hope CIC does take everything into consideration for you. Them issuing a TRP, until you can qualify for rehabilitation, sounds like your only hope, as it's very likely that your DM is going to be negative (just looking at your story from a realistic perspective).

BChome

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0512 and 2121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
15-07-14 & 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Ponga said:

I hope CIC does take everything into consideration for you. Them issuing a TRP, until you can qualify for rehabilitation, sounds like your only hope, as it's very likely that your DM is going to be negative (just looking at your story from a realistic perspective).
Sorry, I should have called it a 'summary' offence rather than 'minor'. A DUI is not an indictable offence, so it is in the lower classification of criminality.
I submitted a TRP application in May 2014... still waiting.. it is linked to my PR app.
All of this was declared when I originally submitted my PR in Aug 2013. I don't understand if its an automatic refusal for criminality why have they asked for so much extra documentation and information from me? Why wasn't I sent a rejection immediately? Or at least when my file finally went into process? That's just sadistic on their part.. I've been totally honest right from outset, why put me and my family through 18 months of torture and false hope (plus lots of extra $$$) for them to say no now, when they could/should of done that at the beginning? This is what I don't understand, hence asking about the circumstances (What stage and by what method) of others that have been rejected? Does rejection always happen at this stage?
I'd love to go back as a PR, but I'd take a TRP... I just want to be reunited with my family rather than being stuck in a country where I have nothing... my entire life is in Canada and has been for 6 years.

BChome

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0512 and 2121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
15-07-14 & 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Ponga said:

This article sets out the legal positioning of H&C and TRP to overcome criminal inadmissibility... it makes me feel mildly better when reading it, I hope the deciding officer on my case is aware of the legislation surrounding these issues too!
If not, I will have grounds for an appeal... I so hope it doesn't come to that though!
http://www.cba.org/cba/cle/secure_pdf/Paper_Desloges.pdf