+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Decision Made" - What does it mean?

Norak

May 27, 2013
Help me out, good people.

I had my test two days ago and my citizenship application status has been switched to "Decision Made".

However, when I click on it I get the same 4 lines as before (which are shown below.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 17, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 23, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 2, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on January 22, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 15, 2018 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
What does this all mean? Anyone who can help me understand this?

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012

I had my test two days ago and my citizenship application status has been switched to "Decision Made".

However, when I click on it I get the same 4 lines as before (which are shown below.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 17, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 23, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on January 22, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 15, 2018 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Most of the times it means that there is a positive decision made and you will be getting an Oath email with date and time following this.

Officer Green

Nov 10, 2017

That is perfectly normal and many people mentioned the same. You may expect the oath invitation soon. But that may depend on how fast your local processing office is moving or their workload. Most probably, you are done. However, stay away from any wrongdoing (at least until you get the oath for your sake)! Be a good citizen life long for the country's sake!