+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

decision made too fast?

ange

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
I just checked online for our sponsorship application in mississauga. It says that they started processing on Oct 1 & that they sent a letter on Oct 1 informing me of Decision Made. My status says 'Decision Made.' The fact that they made their 'decision' on the same day as they processed seems really fast to me. Is this positive or negative?

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
from what I have seen and heard that is a typical response time for a positive response. Doesn't usually take them too long to decide that you are eligible to sponsor so dont worry I am sure it's positive!

ange

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Oh I hope you're right. I still didn't get the letter through the mail (which they mailed Oct 1) and I'm a little stressed.

arewethereyet

Sep 2, 2009
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2009
Passport Req..
22-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2009
LANDED..........
10-12-2009
Don't stress to much about not getting the letter. We initially did not get one, it then turned out that Canada Post had somehow managed to deliver it to the wrong mailbox. When it got returned to CIC they phoned my wife to confirm the address they had was correct (which it was) and resent the letter, this time the mail got through.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's totally normally. This is only the sponsorship part though so now that they've approved you as the sponsor they will send your spouse's PR application overseas to process. I've heard that there are quite a few people that have not been getting their approval letters but don't worry, if it says so on e-cas then you are definitely approved.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
in our case it was exactly the same - they made decision on the same day and decision was positive

ange

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Thanks guys for the comments! I guess I won't wait at the mailbox anymore ;)

But if I don't get the letter within a week I will call CIC to find out what the decision was.

And now to the overseas part! My app goes to Berlin which is the LONGEST visa office of them all!

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Actually, from what I've heard, Berlin isn't that bad. As far as visa offices go, there are far worse ones out there, not just in processing time but especially in their notorious lack of communication. Berlin seems to at least be ok on that front ;)

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what I understand, sponsorship applications are usually approved quickly and without a hassle. It's the PR part that takes time.

OneLuckyCookie

Star Member
Jul 6, 2009
Hey Ange,
in my case the decision was made on the same day they started processing, too. I was worried as well, but they approved my boyfriend as a sponsor. If you check my time line you will see that Berlin was extremely fast in my case. It took one month to receive an answer from Mississauga and just over another month for a decision to be made in Berlin (this is with a request for additional documents (international birth certificate)). I already have my visa now and am waiting for November 5th to come so I can land in Canada. =)
Good luck with your process! =)

ange

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Hi OneLuckyCookie , I had noticed on Trackitt how fast your process went! Oh I hope that ours will be that way too. Did you have a very straightforward case? I think ours is a simple case ... we've been married for 2 years now, have 2 kids (twins) who are half-Canadian. I think that must prove that our relationship is real. We have a rental agreement, etc. for December of this year already.

Actually, we're moving to Canada Dec 21 and my husband will continue to wait for the PR in Canada. Hopefully it won't take too long and then he can start working after that. You have less than a month to move! Isn't that exciting! What province are you going to?

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ange

Our sponsor part was also decision made in one day. The outcome was approval.

If you're worried about the letter, call the call centre (from outside Canada +613 944 4000) they should be able to give you an update and your client ID number.

Good luck.

Direstrife

May 11, 2009
OneLuckyCookie, the fast processing of your case really intrigued me. Are you from Germany? If Berlin office processes applications that fast then I think I'm gonna consider mailing my application to Berlin too!! I am a national of the Philippines but live in the United Arab Emirates. From what I know it doesn't matter which visa office you mail your application, right?

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Direstrife said:
OneLuckyCookie, the fast processing of your case really intrigued me. Are you from Germany? If Berlin office processes applications that fast then I think I'm gonna consider mailing my application to Berlin too!! I am a national of the Philippines but live in the United Arab Emirates. From what I know it doesn't matter which visa office you mail your application, right?
It DOES matter which office unfortunately. You can only choose either the country of your citizenship or the country where you are living (or have been admitted) as long as you have been admitted legally for 12 months.

OneLuckyCookie

Star Member
Jul 6, 2009
@ direstrife: Yes, I am a German citizen living in Germany. =) As whoopi said, you can only apply for the country you are a citizen of or that you have lived in for at least a year.

@ ange: Well, I would think that we did have a straight-forward case. =) We've been together for four years, not married, no children. We're both relatively young; he is 27 and I am 23. I just finished my B.A. We sent in some pictures (around 20, I'd say), boarding passes and some other proof from the beginning of our relationship. We noticed afterwards that we forgot to tell them that he gave me a promise ring.... Haha.. ^^ I would think that your case is pretty straight-forward as well. People don't usually have kids to get PR, I would think... ;-) Only problem could be if he had been in Eastern Germany and served in the army there. I read somewhere that this slows down the background checks. I hope you process will be as fast as mine! Good luck! =)
I m starting to become really excited. I will land in Montreal and then take the bus to Ottawa where we will live. =) Luckily, I have already lived and worked in Canada, so it's not all new and stressful. =) Do you know where you'll be living?