+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

decision made too early ? I'm so lost and worried.

colin_slaven1988

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys. So girlfriend and I have a common law sponsorship visa in right now. They cleared her and she was approved as a sponsor. Then they moved on to my part. Within 2 weeks they say they received my medical data......and now it says a decision has been made and I will hear soon ????

My question really is... should I expect bad news as this is very quick right ?
Also does anyone know how long they actually take to contact you.?.....as it's been a few days with no correspondence?

Man this stuff is nerve racking due to the lack of info they give. Any experience or info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Colin

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Which visa office did you go through? When did you apply and when did you get sponsorship approval?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok...first of all, she is NOT your girlfriend. She is your common-law partner. ;)

Having DM shortly after sponsor approval is usually a good thing. If they had any questions, or concerns, you would have been notified to provide additional information. The DM letter could honestly arrive and day now.

IMHO, you should prepare to celebrate.

colin_slaven1988

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sorry guys i guess i was vague , these are the dates they had on my application

We received COLIN SLAVEN's application for permanent residence on September 9, 2014.

We started processing COLIN SLAVEN's application on October 27, 2014.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on COLIN SLAVEN's application. The office will contact COLIN SLAVEN concerning this decision.

I just thought it was too early ? but i will be honest I did all my homework for the application, but what happens after is kind of a mystery really. I didn't expect to hear back for months and then it was a yes or no, but reading through forums its seems like there is more of a process after this. So because i wasn't expecting it for months it seemed weird.

We sent it to missisauga with the intention of it going to london after. but reading the letter again it says it has been retained at missisauga so i guess they are doing it there ?

Haha Ponga you are right my CLP, i was just typing quick thats all haha

So i am kind of clueless as to what happens now, but our application was the most detailed and organized thing you have ever seen so hoping its good thing.

Thanks for the quick response guys, any info, experiences or info about what happens now is greatly appreciated.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So this was obviously an Outland application, correct?

While it's true that most applications through London are pretty quick...this would have to be an all-time record!

When did your partner receive the email stating that she had been approved as your sponsor?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you have any potential red flags (criminal or medical inadmissibility issues)?

Did you provide solid proof of your relationship (including evidence of your cohabiting for 1 full year or more)?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Ponga said:
So this was obviously an Outland application, correct?

While it's true that most applications through London are pretty quick...this would have to be an all-time record!

When did your partner receive the email stating that she had been approved as your sponsor?
actually, this may not be so out of the ordinary, especially since "straightforward" cases from the UK are staying in Mississauga. Apparently, they are processing both applications at the same time there, so this may be the first of many quick approvals from the UK.

Colin... definitely make sure you update your stats in the London Visa office thread, they are tracking this new trend in applications on their spreadsheet. They may be able to let you know if you are the first, or if you are on "trend" for this new processing.

colin_slaven1988

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah we chose Outland application.

She received her approval October 27th.

I was reading on other forums that a lot of applications right now are not being sent to the vo of choice and the letter tells you where they have sent it. So wondering if it's still in mississauga ? :s

So I guess in total we havend had the application sent away for about 2 months so far.

So I guess you agree it's kind of quick huh ?

No my medical is all good said the doctor. No criminal issues. We provided emails. Fb messages. Skype messages. Rental agreements. Joint bank statements. Photographic time line of our whole relationship ( 3 years ). Letters from friends and family that were notarized. And much more... :s

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
colin_slaven1988 said:
Yeah we chose Outland application.

She received her approval October 27th.

I was reading on other forums that a lot of applications right now are not being sent to the vo of choice and the letter tells you where they have sent it. So wondering if it's still in mississauga ? :s

So I guess in total we havend had the application sent away for about 2 months so far.

So I guess you agree it's kind of quick huh ?

No my medical is all good said the doctor. No criminal issues. We provided emails. Fb messages. Skype messages. Rental agreements. Joint bank statements. Photographic time line of our whole relationship ( 3 years ). Letters from friends and family that were notarized. And much more... :s
In your partners sponsor approval letter/e-mail which visa office did it mention? That is where your application was sent.

colin_slaven1988

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That would be amazing if that was the case. (The quick processing).

I saw that spreadsheet like 5 minutes ago that funny you mention it. i will contribute to that for sure. Still kind of unsure as to what expect next if the news is good. Like the process isn't over then right ? Lol

Yeah it said mississauga so I guess that's where it's staying. I never even noticed that before as my common law partner received it and Ithe didn't click with me I guess.

Thanks again for all the quick replies

novembre2013

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
colin_slaven1988 said:
That would be amazing if that was the case. (The quick processing).

I saw that spreadsheet like 5 minutes ago that funny you mention it. i will contribute to that for sure. Still kind of unsure as to what expect next if the news is good. Like the process isn't over then right ? Lol

Yeah it said mississauga so I guess that's where it's staying. I never even noticed that before as my common law partner received it and Ithe didn't click with me I guess.

Thanks again for all the quick replies
I am sure it's good news... keep us updated please :)

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I sounds like good news. If they doubted your relationship, they would normally call you in for an interview first before making any decision.

The quickest timeline I've seen so far are a few ~3 month ones for some Americans. This one could top those!

colin_slaven1988

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Will let you guys know if I hear back for sure. Tha ks again for everyone's help and if anyone else has info on what happens next that would be sweet.

Thanks guys

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
One of the September applicants from the London VO had the same thing. They applied and the file stayed in Mississauga, then they got an e-mail asking for passport copies and a form. Ecas changed to decision made shortly thereafter.

Mississauga appears to be really fast.