+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made to Decision Letter and / or passport request how and timeline

Jeyosman

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
My application showed DM on Friday October 15, 2021 & I got the letter today October 28, 2021 requesting to respond to the email so they can send me the portal information.
What does that mean? For me I got pre-arrival letter and DM on Oct 15

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
Now since there is covid there is no more in person interviews & they don't ask you to send the passport in so they have a portal instead where you answer there questions you upload a photo & attach your passport.

Jeyosman

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Now since there is covid there is no more in person interviews & they don't ask you to send the passport in so they have a portal instead where you answer there questions you upload a photo & attach your passport.
For your case what did they ask you to submit? You are telling the interview, is the case not finalized when you see DM? I received DM and Pre-arrival same they. I do not know what is next.

Reactions: Slylavida

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
For your case what did they ask you to submit? You are telling the interview, is the case not finalized when you see DM? I received DM and Pre-arrival same they. I do not know what is next.
I believe the case referred to was how inland applications were handled before covid - for outland the situation is/was different (save for now outland applicants who are physically in canada). For inland/outland physically in Canada they now do 'virtual landings'. Not relevant for outland applicants not in Canada.

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
Does anyone know once you receive the portal letter from IRCC to respond to email to get the login information how long does it take for the IRCC to respond with the login info?

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
Does anyone know once you receive the portal letter from IRCC to respond to email to get the login information how long does it take for the IRCC to respond with the login info?