+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Decision made" status too early?!?!

dextrousud

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Hi

I have applied Family sponsorhip (spouse) paper application at Mississauga's CPC centre for my wife's who is living in India. We recently got married and I am already a Canadian PR.
------
This is the status so far:
We received your application to sponsor on December 22, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 10, 2017.
We started processing your application on January 9, 2017.
Medical results have been received.

----
Today I just checked that the status was changed to "Decision made" ... I am worried as to what could have been as it seems too early compared to most PR applications. Can someone explain or share if it has happened similarly with you in the past?

Thanks!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
i'm assuming you mean the sponsor's status changed to "decision made"? if so, this is not too quick, it is quite normal for SA to come shortly after receiving AOR. this suggests a decision was made on the sponsor's application, not the principal applicant's (your wife).

dextrousud

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
I am still confused. Under 'Sponsorship Application Status' it says "Decision made" so... wouldn't that be a decision made on the overall application? Some clarification would be appreciated.. thanks!

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
Nov 3, 2016(passed)..January 17 ,2017 DM (Ecas)
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
dextrousud said:
I am still confused. Under 'Sponsorship Application Status' it says "Decision made" so... wouldn't that be a decision made on the overall application? Some clarification would be appreciated.. thanks!
There are two stages. 1 for principal applicant and sponsor.

First sponsor stages is done then it comes to applicants stage .

If you enter sponsor information on ECAS if the decision made that may be sponsor is approved to sponsor applicant.

After that stage it goes to second stage. Applicant stage...if you enter applicant info on ECAS you will see the process. Like application received, medical received etc.

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
dextrousud said:
No. "Sponsorship application status" "Decision made" means they've made the decision about whether or not you can sponsor (meet the eligibility requirements).

When the "Permanent Residence Application Status" column goes "Decision made", a decision's been made on the overall application.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
dextrousud said:
there are 2 applications seeking approval in this process. 1) the sponsor's application and 2) the applicant's application for PR

Therefore there are 2 approvals during the process:

The first approval is sponsor approval - the sponsor has been found eligible to sponsor their spouse

After the first approval, the applicant's application will be forwarded to the visa office overseas based on the applicant's country of citizenship.

the second approval is PR approval - the applicant has been approved to become a PR.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
dextrousud said:
So based on the info I have posted, what next thing I should be expecting from them?
An acknowledgement from the Visa Office (VO) where the application was sent to.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
dextrousud said:
Thanks! Fingers crossed
That info should be in an email with your SA. I am not sure if ND gives an AOR2.

dextrousud

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
I am unable to link my paper application to the MYCIC account. Is it because my spousal sponsor application is still under the E-CAS status of "Application received"? Though DM was updated on my sponsor application status

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
Nov 3, 2016(passed)..January 17 ,2017 DM (Ecas)
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
Type in only what's required the less thing you type in more chance you will have..applicant number is 2..sponsor and applicant. Not 1. Have any dependants? If yes 2+ dependants. Try again you have 5 attempts every 24 hours

dextrousud

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
cyclist said:
Type in only what's required the less thing you type in more chance you will have..applicant number is 2..sponsor and applicant. Not 1. Have any dependants? If yes 2+ dependants. Try again you have 5 attempts every 24 hours
Yes I did the same thing with various inputs. Still I am not able to submit.