+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision made status, have not received appointment with Etobicoke, work permit is expiring

AQ13

Jan 11, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have received the letter from IRCC office on Dec 21, 2017, which states following message.

"This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke will contact you to arrange an appointment for the
finalization of your permanent resident application."

Can someone please describe my following questions:

1. What is the meaning of this letter?
2. Will Etobicoke office contact me via email or postal address?
3. How long Etobicoke office can take to contact me for an appointment?
4. Will Etobicoke office send me an email OR to my lawyer?
5. My work permit is expiring on March 30, 2018. If I don't receive appointment email then what should I do? Apply for an extension of my work permit now as I am working? OR sure I will receive appointment date before March 30, 2018?

I will really appreciate if you can answer my questions.

Thanks in advance!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Hi everyone,

I have received the letter from IRCC office on Dec 21, 2017, which states following message.

"This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke will contact you to arrange an appointment for the
finalization of your permanent resident application."

Can someone please describe my following questions:

1. What is the meaning of this letter?
2. Will Etobicoke office contact me via email or postal address?
3. How long Etobicoke office can take to contact me for an appointment?
4. Will Etobicoke office send me an email OR to my lawyer?
5. My work permit is expiring on March 30, 2018. If I don't receive appointment email then what should I do? Apply for an extension of my work permit now as I am working? OR sure I will receive appointment date before March 30, 2018?

I will really appreciate if you can answer my questions.

Thanks in advance!
1. You applied as an Inland applicant. This is where they set up your landing appointment.
2. Postal
3. Only Etobicoke office knows that. Can be a few weeks, could be a few months.
4. If your lawyer is your representative, he/she will get it.
5. No sure things about dates until you actually receive the letter. If you have not gotten a date by March 1, then maybe apply to extend your work permit.

Reactions: AQ13

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
You are almost certain to receive a landing appointment prior to the end of March. The Etobicoke office is very busy and often backed up, but you should hear within about a month of getting DM, or very shortly after that.

AQ13

Jan 11, 2018
Thanks "KBH" and "Alurra71" for your quick response! :)

Luckily, I got a letter for an appointment today and my appointment is next week. I read that the immigration officer will ask us "a) payment recipe, b) 2 photos, 3)my passport, and 4) both of our driver licenses.". Unfortunately, my wife has not updated her driving license and we don't have a joint bank account, in that case, what are the acceptable documents we can show to them to prove that we are living at the same address? I am working on following things:

1) Home Insurance
2) Car Insurance
3) CRA document
4) We will go to update her driving license and get the receipt to show to them (I know it takes 4 - 5 weeks to get the ID Card). I am not sure if they will accept it or not
5) Our own's Bank statement of both of us if we got it in time

Please let me know if I am missing anything for this interview.

Sep 9, 2016
Thanks "KBH" and "Alurra71" for your quick response! :)

Luckily, I got a letter for an appointment today and my appointment is next week. I read that the immigration officer will ask us "a) payment recipe, b) 2 photos, 3)my passport, and 4) both of our driver licenses.". Unfortunately, my wife has not updated her driving license and we don't have a joint bank account, in that case, what are the acceptable documents we can show to them to prove that we are living at the same address? I am working on following things:

1) Home Insurance
2) Car Insurance
3) CRA document
4) We will go to update her driving license and get the receipt to show to them (I know it takes 4 - 5 weeks to get the ID Card). I am not sure if they will accept it or not
5) Our own's Bank statement of both of us if we got it in time

Please let me know if I am missing anything for this interview.

As long as she has a proof of address that matches yours you're good. My license expired with my old address and I showed that as well as something with my proof of address and it was accepted. My husband had his interview yesterday

AQ13

Jan 11, 2018
I read one of the following instruction about the SIN number on my appointment letter. Unfortunately, I misplaced my SIN page, the one Service Canada gave me. What should I do:
a) Go to Service Canada and get the new page with the expiry date before going for an appointment?, OR
b) Can I apply without SIN page after getting PR? they just need my SIN number, not the letter they gave me?

"Your current Social Insurance Number, only if you are in possession of one
o You will need to change your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to reflect your new status as a permanent resident.
o Service Canada representatives may be available at this interview to assist you in obtaining your new SIN."

AQ13

Jan 11, 2018
I read one of the following instruction about the SIN number on my appointment letter. Unfortunately, I misplaced my SIN page, the one Service Canada gave me. What should I do:
a) Go to Service Canada and get the new page with the expiry date before going for an appointment?, OR
b) Can I apply without SIN page after getting PR? they just need my SIN number, not the letter they gave me?

"Your current Social Insurance Number, only if you are in possession of one
o You will need to change your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to reflect your new status as a permanent resident.
o Service Canada representatives may be available at this interview to assist you in obtaining your new SIN."
Update: I choose option (a).