+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision made, passport sent for stamping. Is it OK to withdraw visitor extnsion

shibinp

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
AOR Received.
23-04-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
29-Jan-2014
Dear All,

Finally, my son's PR has been approved and I've sent passport for PR visa stamping. It all happened last couple of days, all of a sudden. Long story short: got a call from Delhi office on April 3rd night and told that they are sending passport request and I have to immediately take action as my son's Medical expires on Apr 27th. They mentioned that they will let CPP Ottawa know to expedite the processing. Sent passport on Apr 4th to CPP Ottawa, reached there on Apr 5th.

Now my questions is, my son is with us in Canada and I had applied for a visitor extension as I didn't hear anything from PR front earlier. I submitted this on March 28th. This online application is still under 'Submitted' status and I have a chance to get a refund for this is if I could cancel before they start processing. Can I send a request cancel this application now or do I need to wait till I complete my landing (which should be on or before Apr 27th)?

His current visior status expires on April 19th. Will PR visa stamp in the passport make my son eligible to be here in Canada even after Apr 19th? (I know I could still land before Apr 19th if all goes well - once I get passport back from CIC. However I am trying to get an appointment with CIC office which can be after April 19th)

Thank you

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
do it after he became landed immigrant.
until then, he is still implied status and visitor.

YYC787

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
19-Nov-2014
File Transfer...
In Process since 12-Aug-2015
Med's Request
Sent 18-Sep-2015...never received. Re-sent 17-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
July 2014; Remeds done Dec 2015
Interview........
WAIVED acc to GCMS notes
Passport Req..
20-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent; waiting...
Don't withdraw the extension application. We had a similar situation with my wife (she left the country before the extension decision), but when I called CIC, the agent said don't withdraw it. The extension application serves as your legal status in Canada after the 6 months expired. If you withdraw it, that legal status goes away.

Not sure if you'll get a refund, but CIC will see the PR approval and close the extension application by themselves. The fee was around $100 I think, right? It's not a huge amount. I'd rather let the $100 go then have issues later when you try to re-enter Canada and have CBSA ask why you overstayed.

amrelmenyawi

Jul 22, 2016
hello sir:
I wish everything is ok with your child
I am in the same situation of yours now concerning my child (I and his mother have PR, but he was born outside Canada as we currently live outside it). we are managing to live in Canada soon, and my son has got TRV few months ago. I have few questions:
1. when can I do the sponsorship of my child after being in Canada, being known that at the begining of my stay in Canada, I will not have an employement or a constant income, but I have a good savings when I was working outside Canada.
2. having an employement or constant income is mandatory to start sponsorship process? however I have money now to support my family currently
3. if I can take all my family including my child with me to Canada from the begining and start all the process from inside Canada, or it will be impossible or hard to process ?
thanks a lot in advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
amrelmenyawi said:
1. when can I do the sponsorship of my child after being in Canada, being known that at the begining of my stay in Canada, I will not have an employement or a constant income, but I have a good savings when I was working outside Canada.
2. having an employement or constant income is mandatory to start sponsorship process? however I have money now to support my family currently
3. if I can take all my family including my child with me to Canada from the begining and start all the process from inside Canada, or it will be impossible or hard to process ?
1. You can submit the app as soon as you are in Canada.

2. No, a job is not mandatory.

3. Don't really understand what you are asking. Your family being in Canada doesn't make it harder to process the app...