+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made-Outland Application

calaicai

May 25, 2021
It’s been a month since the status of my husband’s application got changed to “Decision Made”. I checked the tracker to see the other applicants’ timeline and some received their Passport Requests in less than a month. Should I follow up? I tried calling the contact centre, got directed to the automated system and the message was they’re still doing the background check.

HK1063

Star Member
May 7, 2021
Each case is different. I've got DM in March and am still waitng. You could order GCMS notes to have a better picture of your application.

Reactions: calaicai

calaicai

May 25, 2021
Hi, I agree. I phoned the CIC contact centre and spoke with an agent this morning. I was told that the instruction for passport request has been forwarded to the Visa Office in Manila on May 11th, that’s the date the status was changed to “decision made”. I should’ve had received the email but I told them I didn’t get anything. Checked spam/junk mails, nothing. So the agent told me that he will send a request to follow up. Hopefully, this will be it! I recommend you do the same. Goodluck to us! ☺

HK1063

Star Member
May 7, 2021
Congradulation! I'm still waiting for further info. The GCMS notes got delayed, 4 months at most. Have rang the contact center, got the same reply, ie., my case is still in process and is pending for final review. It's been 16 months since IRCC received my application.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
So what is the point of requesting GSMS notes if they dont explain what decision was made? I am confused.
You asked a question and you were advised of the best way to go about finding out more information. No one promised you finding out the decision. When notes are ordered sometimes you find out what might be holding it up. Sometimes you don't. Either way it's an option.

Hope you are less confused.

Reactions: Med Marine

calaicai

May 25, 2021
I suggest you contact CIC call center. I did that and I think somehow it helped speed up the process. I found out that the paper file was already forwarded to the visa office in my country since May, that’s when the status changed to “decision made”. We got his passport request last July 6 and Visa Approval last July 28. His flight to Canada is already scheduled for next month.

Med Marine

Dec 9, 2017
I suggest you contact CIC call center. I did that and I think somehow it helped speed up the process. I found out that the paper file was already forwarded to the visa office in my country since May, that’s when the status changed to “decision made”. We got his passport request last July 6 and Visa Approval last July 28. His flight to Canada is already scheduled for next month.
i did couple of times and got also the GCMS once. All they say no further requirements and have to wait for them. My DM is since Feb

Kkkaaauuurrr22

Mar 24, 2021
By status change, do you mean the status on ECAS changed from in process to decision made?
As for my husband’s file we applied in sept2020 as of niw we have completed the biometrics and medical and whenever I tried calling the cic the automated message say that they are doing the background check. Will I get the decision made once the background check is completed?

Med Marine

Dec 9, 2017
By status change, do you mean the status on ECAS changed from in process to decision made?
As for my husband’s file we applied in sept2020 as of niw we have completed the biometrics and medical and whenever I tried calling the cic the automated message say that they are doing the background check. Will I get the decision made once the background check is completed?
What I understood from the agent today on the phone if the decision is made no further requirements occur. It is either approval or rejection. If the officer needs further requirements he is free to do so until the décision is made

Reactions: Kkkaaauuurrr22