"Decision Made" on PR shows together with "In-Process" on Citizenship after RQ

Cairo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks,
My family and I took the citizenship test and interview Feb. 2016 in Mississauga. All went well and we were informed by the officer that we'd receive oath letters within 2 months. Instead, we received an RQ the following day!

Story short, we filled in all required paperwork and RQ was sent to CIC end of Feb. 2016.

I called up the CIC on Wednesday. They said all was fine and we were in queue for oath. They are trying to book us 4 places together for the oath ceremony. eCas was still "In-Process" at that time. Thursday morning, the "In-Process" remained the same but a "Decision Made" appeared on top of it and it is related to the older application for Permanent Residence. So now, I have 2 statuses, one that is a Decision Made on PR and another In-Process with no "Decision Made" within.

Any ideas on what could be going on?

Thank you.

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My best guess will be their system error. I am not saying this out of no where but seeing many cases people have strange status online. It may go away in a few days. As long as you got confirmation through the CIC hotline, you should be Ok. Anyway, any change in the eCAS, it means your case is moving forward.

Cairo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shyurun79 said:
My best guess will be their system error. I am not saying this out of no where but seeing many cases people have strange status online. It may go away in a few days. As long as you got confirmation through the CIC hotline, you should be Ok. Anyway, any change in the eCAS, it means your case is moving forward.
Thanks @shyurun79. I checked again now and it did disappear. I am back to "In-Process" with no further changes.

makbar24

Jan 26, 2009
Hi ,
I saw your status moved from " decision made " to "in process". I was wonder how did that end up. did you hear from them anything yet.You info might help me too.

Thank you

Cairo said:
Thanks @shyurun79. I checked again now and it did disappear. I am back to "In-Process" with no further changes.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
@Cairo

My assumption or guess would be that when cic assessed your RQ documents, they might have accessed your PR application data and that's why it may have triggered something and showed up on e-cas. You just need to wait till your Citizenship application states "Decision Made"

I sponsored my parents and my PR application showed up as "Decision Made" and after many days it vanished(I think it vanished when the file got transferred to local visa office). CIC may be cross checking something that's why it triggered something thus e-cas showed up with PR information.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
makbar24 said:
Hi ,
I saw your status moved from " decision made " to "in process". I was wonder how did that end up. did you hear from them anything yet.You info might help me too.

Thank you
OP had Decision Made status for PR application which showed due to some system glitch. The citizenship application has been "in process" and no change