+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Decision made" on PR app before sponsorship approved?

Nov 1, 2015
Hi everyone. First time posting on this forum. My partner and I both live in Canada now though we submitted through the Outside Canada stream- our application was received Aug 8th.

I'm hoping someone can help me understand my online status. My portion, the sponsorship app, began processing Aug 8th. It has stayed as "in process" ever since then. My partner's PR app began processing Sept 17th, with his medical results being received a month or so after. His has recently changed to "decision made". We are very confused as we thought that a decision had to be made on my sponsorship before his PR. I read the explanations of the different statuses, and it looks like "decision made" can also just mean that a decision has been made on his medical? It's all very strange. We intend to try to call tomorrow but it is very hard to get through, so I wanted to try my luck with others going through the process.

Thanks! :)

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
CIC often does not update ECAS in a timely manner. So forum members have still been in process according to ECAS, but have actually received their PR visa.
It is pretty early for the decision made to refer to the whole process, so it might just be for the medicals. You can't really tell, though.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oddmentandtweak said:
Hi everyone. First time posting on this forum. My partner and I both live in Canada now though we submitted through the Outside Canada stream- our application was received Aug 8th.

I'm hoping someone can help me understand my online status. My portion, the sponsorship app, began processing Aug 8th. It has stayed as "in process" ever since then. My partner's PR app began processing Sept 17th, with his medical results being received a month or so after. His has recently changed to "decision made". We are very confused as we thought that a decision had to be made on my sponsorship before his PR. I read the explanations of the different statuses, and it looks like "decision made" can also just mean that a decision has been made on his medical? It's all very strange. We intend to try to call tomorrow but it is very hard to get through, so I wanted to try my luck with others going through the process.

Thanks! :)
Usually, a decision made on the principal applicant application means a positive decision, as visa office would either send an invitation for interview or send you a notice with request for further proof of relationship/documents before rejecting you outright. This is due to the commitment of CIC for fair proceedings (doesn't mean its always fair but at least that's how it is named :))
Some visa offices work really quickly (Paris, Sao Paulo, etc) so getting DM 1.5 months after AOR2 (approx the date you got your application in process) is possible. What is your VO? That will help to understand your situation.