+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision made, no medical request and no rejection letter after more than a week

hello12345

Oct 28, 2013
Hi,
I am a Nov applicant and applied as RA/TA. Everything on my file is right (reference letter, job duties, 2 years exp etc.) except they are rejecting these cases according to new rules (however they make up other excuses for the rejection and it is not fair). My status changed to "Decision Made" on 22nd of October without any further info. I have not received any medical request or rejection letter up until now (more than one week). I was wondering if anyone is in the same situation as me ? Also wondering if this is 100% reject ?
I was supposed to receive my GCMS notes today but nothing yet !

Thanks for your replies in advance !

upwardspiral

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
What are these new rules?

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello12345 said:
Hi,
I am a Nov applicant and applied as RA/TA. Everything on my file is right (reference letter, job duties, 2 years exp etc.) except they are rejecting these cases according to new rules (however they make up other excuses for the rejection and it is not fair). My status changed to "Decision Made" on 22nd of October without any further info. I have not received any medical request or rejection letter up until now (more than one week). I was wondering if anyone is in the same situation as me ? Also wondering if this is 100% reject ?

It has been seen for a few times that decision made was appearing on the ECAS but MR to follow after a few days/weeks. They do have glitches in the system from time to time. Hold tight and wait for your GCMS which should spill some light on the situation.

hello12345

Oct 28, 2013
sashali78 said:
It has been seen for a few times that decision made was appearing on the ECAS but MR to follow after a few days/weeks. They do have glitches in the system from time to time. Hold tight and wait for your GCMS which should spill some light on the situation.
Thanks for your reply. So I can say I have 1% hope !

YoungJC

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Passport Req..
03/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
03/26/2014
LANDED..........
03/31/2014
hello12345 said:
Hi,

I'd suggest you send them an email stating your ecas status changed over a week ago, but no correspondence was received. I know someone who had the same issue and never received any contact from CIC until he contacted them weeks later. They forwarded him the rejection email later on. In your case, it may not be rejection, but I'm sure you'd like to know where you stand.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
hello12345 said:
Hi,

email them...they forgot to inform you either about MR or rejection..

hello12345

Oct 28, 2013
YoungJC said:
I'd suggest you send them an email stating your ecas status changed over a week ago, but no correspondence was received. I know someone who had the same issue and never received any contact from CIC until he contacted them weeks later. They forwarded him the rejection email later on. In your case, it may not be rejection, but I'm sure you'd like to know where you stand.
@YoungJC and gladaki,

I emailed them today. Lets see what they say. Will inform you about the result (if I get any).

fxsemite

Oct 28, 2013
Sorry to hear that, but it seems like a Rejection based on what I experienced earlier when I received this!

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:

· knowledge of English or French,

· Canadian skilled work experience,

· Canadian educational credentials (for the Post-Graduation Stream only).

Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada.

I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement. As you have a Canadian educational credential, you must have 12 months of full-time work experience in the 24 months prior to the date of your application, and after you obtained the credential (and not the date courses were completed). In your case this period is from June 8, 2011 until March 8, 2012. As this qualifying period is not 12 months, you cannot meet the work experience requirement.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
fxsemite said:
Sorry to hear that, but it seems like a Rejection based on what I experienced earlier when I received this!

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:

· knowledge of English or French,

· Canadian skilled work experience,

· Canadian educational credentials (for the Post-Graduation Stream only).

Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada.

I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement. As you have a Canadian educational credential, you must have 12 months of full-time work experience in the 24 months prior to the date of your application, and after you obtained the credential (and not the date courses were completed). In your case this period is from June 8, 2011 until March 8, 2012. As this qualifying period is not 12 months, you cannot meet the work experience requirement.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
His application is in review becoz of RA/TA exp being consider or not....your case was different. Can you please post ur time line...when u send application and when it was rejected..? My case is similar to urs its been 12 month now...i will wait for one more month before i withdraw my application n send new one

hello12345

Oct 28, 2013
@ fxsemite ,
Did you receive this letter after ecas change to "Decision Made" ? How long after?

gladaki is right. My application is in review because of the exp I have had not because of mis-calculation between convocation date and completion date.

fxsemite

Oct 28, 2013
They didn't email me until I asked them after I found out on ECAS that my status was changed to Decision Made

KevinSong

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2013
Doc's Request.
08-05-2014 (additional doc request)
Med's Request
08-06-2014
Med's Done....
20-06-2014
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
copr on 16-07-2014
LANDED..........
16-07-2014 at pacific highway
hello12345 said:
Work exp not being counted at the same time you hold a study permit (in effect as of 3rd of January 2013 I guess).
Any ideas what will happen for those who have valid study permit and closed-work permit?

During a semester, I got job offer and my company received positive LMO. I received closed work permit, applied Leave of absent to a school, and still working at the company.

I still have valid student permit and work permit on my hand.

Is that new rule affect and apply to my case?

Please share ideas, Thanks.

hello12345

Oct 28, 2013
KevinSong said:
Any ideas what will happen for those who have valid study permit and closed-work permit?

During a semester, I got job offer and my company received positive LMO. I received closed work permit, applied Leave of absent to a school, and still working at the company.

I still have valid student permit and work permit on my hand.

Is that new rule affect and apply to my case?

Please share ideas, Thanks.
My guess is that while you hold a study permit (regardless of having a work permit at the same time), the experience you gain wont be counted towards immigration requirements. But this is my understanding of the new law, it may not be completely correct :) .

KevinSong

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2013
Doc's Request.
08-05-2014 (additional doc request)
Med's Request
08-06-2014
Med's Done....
20-06-2014
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
copr on 16-07-2014
LANDED..........
16-07-2014 at pacific highway
hello12345 said:
My guess is that while you hold a study permit (regardless of having a work permit at the same time), the experience you gain wont be counted towards immigration requirements. But this is my understanding of the new law, it may not be completely correct :) .
I found info saying that with work experience with co-op work permit or off campus work permit is not counted as work exp because those permits are for students who want to do internship or part time work during their studies. Cic didn't need to mention that before the rule changed cuz with old rules, students need to finish at least 2 years course and gain 1 year full time work experience to be qualified applicants. Work permits which allow students can work during there studies are not counted. It is not like holding study and work permit together causing problems