Waived
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
LANDED..........
07-12-2015 :)
Hi guys.
I applied for a PR card renewal on August 28th. Nova Scotia office (I am in New Brunswick right now).
I got an email o November 9th letting me know that they received my application on September 1st.
I checked my online application on the 4th of December and there was no news about it. I checked again this week and the status says 'Decision made'.
Since the waiting time is now about 105 days, I assume the decision was made around 20th of December.

Lets say tat the decision is positive- the government website says that it takes around 4 weeks to receive the email.
I understand that I have to wait for the decision later.
What is next?

1. How does it work- do I have to go to pick up my card in person (regarding to Covid)? Or are the cards being shipped to your mail?
2. How long does it take them to actually produce the card?
3. How long (after the decision letter will arrive to my mail) do I have to pick up the card (if I have to pick it up in person)?
4. My old card expires on February 13th 2021. Can I leave Canada and come pick up the new card in a few months?

I am here, in Canada for a few weeks. However, I have to go back to Europe ASAP. I have to rebook my tickets so I have to know how much time the process will take and how it works.
I ma afraid that if I leave soon, I will have problems coming back, since my card will expire in February 2021 and I won't have enough time to pick up or receive the new card.
Please help.

Last edited:

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Hi guys.
I applied for a PR card renewal on August 28th. Nova Scotia office (I am in New Brunswick right now).
I got an email o November 9th letting me know that they received my application on September 1st.
I checked my online application on the 4th of December and there was no news about it. I checked again this week and the status says 'Decision made'.
Since the waiting time is now about 105 days, I assume the decision was made around 20th of December.

Lets say tat the decision is positive- the government website says that it takes around 4 weeks to receive the email.
What is next?

1. How does it work- do I have to go to pick up my card in person (regarding to Covid)? Or are the cards being shipped to your mail?
3. How long (after the decision letter will arrive to my mail) do I have to pick up the card (if I have to pick it up in person)?
4. My old card expires on February 13th 2021. Can I leave Canada and come pick up the new card in a few months?

I am here, in Canada for a few weeks. However, I have to go back to Europe ASAP. I have to rebook my tickets so I have to know how much time the process will take and how it works.
I ma afraid that if I leave soon, I will have problems coming back, since my card will expire in February 2021 and I won't have enough time to pick up or receive the new card.
Please help.
Hi,
How long did it take you to get your card after "Decision Made"? Mine went into DM yesterday.

Cheers

userpg

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015, received by CIC: 15-05-2015
AOR Received.
18-06-2015
File Transfer...
SA: 15-07-2015, AOR2: 06-08-2015
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
LANDED..........
07-12-2015 :)
DM around December 20th, still didn't/t receive any mail :(
Is there a way to contact the Case Processing Center (Sydney NS) over a phone?

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hi, I got a request to resend the pics for PR card after 20 days of landing and coming back to US. Anyone in same situation? Do new pics have same requirement as COPR? Do I need to send via Canadian post or just FedEx it. Just want to check if they are looking to see if I am in Canada.

JJN

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Hi guys.

What is next?

Please help.
Hi there! I'm in a similar bucket! Did you happen to figure this out? TY.