+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made in ECAS but no email / update in GCKey?

Jerenny

Jan 1, 2021
Title of the thread, is that normal?

I figured there must be some sort of delay in the status but even 24 hours later there's no update in GCKey (MyCIC). I figure there must be no reason for me to think my application would be rejected, but it's still lowkey anxiety inducing to see "Decision Made" and there's just no information about WHAT decision was made

The last thing I see in ECAS if I click on Decision Made is

4. Medical results have been received.

Is this normal to what everyone else gets?

PaoTalamantesh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Quebec
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
I am in a similar situation. They called me on the phone on August 12 to confirm my address to send me the requirements for the permanent residence card, two days later they called my husband to ask for the same information. But we have not received anything until today. In ECAS it appears Decision Made, but in GCKey it appears that they continue to review my background.

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
It's been over 6 weeks since DM for me. I can only see it in ECAS and not in GCKey.

ld16

Star Member
May 5, 2021
Title of the thread, is that normal?

I figured there must be some sort of delay in the status but even 24 hours later there's no update in GCKey (MyCIC). I figure there must be no reason for me to think my application would be rejected, but it's still lowkey anxiety inducing to see "Decision Made" and there's just no information about WHAT decision was made

The last thing I see in ECAS if I click on Decision Made is

4. Medical results have been received.

Is this normal to what everyone else gets?
Same case i got dm on sep 12th my lawyer told me its good sign we will get ppr in few weeks

ld16

Star Member
May 5, 2021
I am in a similar situation. They called me on the phone on August 12 to confirm my address to send me the requirements for the permanent residence card, two days later they called my husband to ask for the same information. But we have not received anything until today. In ECAS it appears Decision Made, but in GCKey it appears that they continue to review my background.
Inland or outland

Alicia Noel

Aug 23, 2021
I have "decision made" for weeks but it never changed on GCKey :). I already got the emails to send my info (name, email address, ...) To get the portal.

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
Ah that's crazy. Are you inland or outland? Are you already living with your spouse? Here's hoping you get something soon.
Outland. I am in the UK, my husband is in Canada. They confirmed to us on the phone that the decision has indeed been made, but unfortunately for some reason the application isn't moving forward. I can't think of anything specific that could be holding it back, so I do hope things will start moving soon.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have "decision made" for weeks but it never changed on GCKey :). I already got the emails to send my info (name, email address, ...) To get the portal.
GCKey is never updated with decision made, and as far as I'm aware, there will be very few updates until the visa/copr are actually issued (might get PPR request in gckey but the gckey tombstone page does not show anything).

short form: don't waste time worrying about whether gckey is updated.

Jerenny

Jan 1, 2021
GCKey is never updated with decision made, and as far as I'm aware, there will be very few updates until the visa/copr are actually issued (might get PPR request in gckey but the gckey tombstone page does not show anything).

short form: don't waste time worrying about whether gckey is updated.
So is PPR solely email? Or does it show in ECAS?