NOT CALLED
Passport Req..
8-11-2012 send > 27-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 12-02-13 Passports Red. 15/02/13
LANDED..........
24th May 2013
Dear Friends

I have been extending support to all new immigrants since I have been in Canada.
I know when we are planing to make our first landing alone or with our family ,we are worried for many things with accommodation on the TOP!

I now offer a safe and convenient place for initial stay in Brampton. I can advise you on all kinds of landing questions via email or call.
If you are interested ,pls feel free to cont me.

thanks

Target2013

Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 Apr 2014...
globalsc said:
Dear Friends

I have been extending support to all new immigrants since I have been in Canada.
I know when we are planing to make our first landing alone or with our family ,we are worried for many things with accommodation on the TOP!

I now offer a safe and convenient place for initial stay in Brampton. I can advise you on all kinds of landing questions via email or call.
If you are interested ,pls feel free to cont me.

thanks

Thanks indeed, I am also planning to land in Brampton. Can I get your email or contact no pls.

wishing you all the best................!!!

Target2013

Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 Apr 2014...
Landwarrior said:
Could u pls all also share ur visa offices where ur passport is stuck. Mine in London.
My is in NDVO.......................India.

Target2013

globalsc

Aug 18, 2010
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2010
Doc's Request.
07-05-2010 (Ist AOR)
Nomination.....
N.A.
AOR Received.
23-08-2010 (2nd AOR)
IELTS Request
14-08-2010
File Transfer...
11-05-2010 IP 23-02-2012
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-12-2012 DD En-Cashed 22-01-2013
Interview........
NOT CALLED
Passport Req..
8-11-2012 send > 27-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 12-02-13 Passports Red. 15/02/13
LANDED..........
24th May 2013
Target2013 said:
Thanks indeed, I am also planning to land in Brampton. Can I get your email or contact no pls.

wishing you all the best................!!!
You can send me personal msg before you plan, from this forum or mail me to global_sc@hotmail.com

andamanhunk

Oct 28, 2010
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bobonline said:
Hi Dears,
I got DM on Jan 07, 2014. (MI-1 June 21, 2010, Medical done May 27, 2013, )
1. I have a few queries and dilemmas; kindly tell me how CIC send back our Passport and COPR? (Through a registered post or a courier)??
2. Where my passport n COPR will be sent to me directly or to my consultant who was a fraud and left India three years back. (Well, I have got my mailing address changed to my residential address long ago on E-Cas and doing all correspondences with CIC NDVO at and on my own)
3. May I able to receive mighty maple leaf in January 2014 only??

Many thanks in anticipations.
Let me address your queries since I already received mine on 9th Jan 2013:

1. If you have sent thru regd post or courier you will get them back thru REGISTERED POST ONLY. They will not consider VFS or Courier.
2. Your COPR and passports will be sent to the address as reflected in the eCAS. If your own address is reflecting in the eCAS, that is where you should be receiving the PPs. Nothing to worry here!
3. You will definitely get your PPs in between 5-10 days from the DM, going by the experience and feedback from others! Look out for Pongal Sankranti holidays which might delay the delivery (since it is India Posts) by 1-2 days!

andamanhunk

Oct 28, 2010
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just observed this topic and thought of updating my details (looks like most others who got a DM in this month didn't yet observe this topic):

Appl Date - 8 Apr 2010
In Process Date - 29 Feb 2012
Med Req Date - 22 Feb 2013
Med Done - 7 Mar 2013
Stamped PP Recvd Date- 11 Mar 2013 (recvd by NDVO on 12 Mar 2013)
DM - 5 Jan 2014
PP & COPR Recvd date - 9th Jan 2014
Issue Date (as on PP) - 2 Jan 2014
Expiry Date - 18 Mar 2014

GOOD LUCK ALL!!!

Stay Positive............your day isnt far!

andamanhunk

Oct 28, 2010
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Target2013 said:
your best option: Open an account in VFS of your city. and they will send your details to VO and with in 15 days you will get your pp back. since VFS is the authorize to correspondence with CIC VO.

and once sent email to VO after opening your VFS account.

similar case was one of my friends.
Sorry if I am poking my nose but I sincerely doubt it. At this stage it is the discretion of the NDVO how to send the PPs and if it were sent by courier or post it will be returned by REGD. POST only. Only if you sent by VFS you can expect them for sure by VFS in return.

Also, time is limited so I suggest it would be a wrong idea to confuse the NDVO officials at this juncture! You already got a DM and when you were expected to get the PPs back in 5-10 days, why would you want to create a confusion is my apprehension! Generally the PPs are almost dispatched by the time you see the DM Status, hence there is no point in going thru the suggested process, unless it is delayed beyond the suggested wait period.

This is my sincere and honest opinion, I may be wrong too!

andamanhunk

Oct 28, 2010
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sea-Van said:
Hi Target2013,
I'll try to help you with this. Our situation is as follows:
Me American/Husband Canadian – applied for PR from outland
CIC Website shows as follows:

We received your application for permanent residence on May 15, 2013.
We started processing your application on November 5, 2013.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

On either Jan 2014/01/07 or 2014/01/08, CIC's website indicated our status changed from In Process to Decision Made. Since my medical expires 2014/01/28, I have been concerned so asked for some guidance from forum members (what does this mean? what to expect?). Someone suggested I email CIC to inquire about the impending medical expiry, etc. so I did. Yesterday I emailed our case processer at 11:40am PST and received a reply back from her at 11:45PST – here reply was as follows:

Good day,

You case has been approved and we sent you documentation by the mail on 2014/01/03. Please allow regular postal delays (normally 10-15 business days) to receive it.

Thank you,

Further, I understand that the medical exam is generally good for one year so in my case, I must land by 2104/01/28. I'm excited however; I have lots to do before I'm ready to go. MOREOVER, in my situation, I'll likely have to return to settle our affairs completely (house, job, etc). I hope this account is somewhat helpful. The thing to know is that once a decision has been made, barring any strange circumstances, and presuming medical was received, this is seen as good news.
Dear Friend,

One small but very imp point here - if you see my earlier reply here above, my timelines mention my medical done date as 7 Mar 2013 whereas our medical expiry is 18 Mar 2013. This added to many of the experts opinion suggests that your Medical Done date is diff from the Medical expiry date which is generally taken as 1 yr from the date the Medicals are reviewed by the NDVO officer (seniors may please correct me if I am wrong, but this is what I think I read in the seniors posts!)

Hope this helps!

Aug 30, 2008
Waiting for the decision made

My application was received in May,2010. Started processing in March,2012 and did my medicals in March,2013. Actually it was expected to appear "Decision Made" earlier but nothing has come yet. How long to wait as medicals are about to expire very soon. Living in despair, do help please.
How endless waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sea-Van

Jan 10, 2014
andamanhunk said:
Dear Friend,

One small but very imp point here - if you see my earlier reply here above, my timelines mention my medical done date as 7 Mar 2013 whereas our medical expiry is 18 Mar 2013. This added to many of the experts opinion suggests that your Medical Done date is diff from the Medical expiry date which is generally taken as 1 yr from the date the Medicals are reviewed by the NDVO officer (seniors may please correct me if I am wrong, but this is what I think I read in the seniors posts!)

Hope this helps!
Good day andamanhunk,

I sincerely appreciate your response. One thing I've noticed is that the details of applicants' timelines appear to be a function of their country of origin. So for example if one is coming from a visa exempt country like me (see below link), then you submit copies of your passport at the initial application and there is no need to submit the hard copy later. I say that to say that I've noticed timelines and requirements differ slightly depending on point of origin. While I'm heartened by your message, I have absolutely no way of knowing when the CPP-O (Ottawa) case processing officer actually reviewed my medical, hence I can only assume the one year expiry is from the date I had itl. However assuming you are right, that still only buys me a little extra time. Since I live relatively close to the border, I understand I can land, then return home for a few weeks to sort my affairs. What I don't know is how much time I'm allowed before I must bring all remaining personal/home items into the country.

One last comment - I am very impressed that you received your COPR so close to your DM. I've been told my COPR is being mailed - not sure if from Ottawa or from Vancouver, but until the postman brings it to my door, it's a waiting game. :)

(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp)

Target2013

Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 Apr 2014...

Sea-Van said:
Good day andamanhunk,

I sincerely appreciate your response. One thing I've noticed is that the details of applicants' timelines appear to be a function of their country of origin. So for example if one is coming from a visa exempt country like me (see below link), then you submit copies of your passport at the initial application and there is no need to submit the hard copy later. I say that to say that I've noticed timelines and requirements differ slightly depending on point of origin. While I'm heartened by your message, I have absolutely no way of knowing when the CPP-O (Ottawa) case processing officer actually reviewed my medical, hence I can only assume the one year expiry is from the date I had itl. However assuming you are right, that still only buys me a little extra time. Since I live relatively close to the border, I understand I can land, then return home for a few weeks to sort my affairs. What I don't know is how much time I'm allowed before I must bring all remaining personal/home items into the country.

One last comment - I am very impressed that you received your COPR so close to your DM. I've been told my COPR is being mailed - not sure if from Ottawa or from Vancouver, but until the postman brings it to my door, it's a waiting game. :)

(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp)

Target2013

Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 Apr 2014...
Gloomy Sunday has Gone....................!

Dear Friends,
The gloomy Sunday has gone.Hope Monday onward many faces will be seen fresh and happy.......................I am aspecting too.

Target...

Target2013

Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 Apr 2014...
Re: Waiting for the decision made

deepak sapkota said:
My application was received in May,2010. Started processing in March,2012 and did my medicals in March,2013. Actually it was expected to appear "Decision Made" earlier but nothing has come yet. How long to wait as medicals are about to expire very soon. Living in despair, do help please.
How endless waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Dear Deepak Jee,

Wait for this week, and you had better send one case specific inquiry to VO too.

It seems now there is visa monsoon in VO( NDVO)

Taeget...

Sea-Van

Jan 10, 2014
Target2013 said:
Dear Sea-Van,

There is not any point to worry. After Medical Report submission to VO, the Decision Made is done. It is very good news. I think you have already sent PP and RPRF at the time of Medical. If so you will get your pp with Maple Leave visa. Generally New PR visa counted from the date of medical done. However, your case may be specified. it is clearly mentioned on you visa also the validity of your visa. I think you are in US. If you have to land before 28 Jan still there are some weeks. Make everything ready now onward. Until your pp comes remain fit and fine.

Wish you all the best.

Target
Hello Target,

First, thank you for your very kind remarks and general guidance. Also yes, when we first applied, we submitted copies of my passport, medical and all fees (including RPRF). However I'm unclear about your comments regarding "you will get your pp with Maple Leaf visa". I'm coming from a visa-exempt country so rather than submit my entire hard-copy passport, per CIC instructions I only submitted pp copies. Perhaps you can clarify this at some point.

For reasons that I'm now a bit embarrassed about I had my medical exam done in 2013 Jan. However while we intended to file last 2013 Feb, we wound up not filing until 2013 May. Now here I am waiting for the COPR in the mail. One nice thing I noticed with andamanhunk, is that it was a very short period of time between the status change to DM and his receipt of the COPR. Per your comments, presuming the medical is a settled issue, I still understand there is a deadline within which I must land in Canada and that it coincides with expiry of my medical. So while I've heard conflicting accounts (e.g you might be given an extension, or the expiry is actually from the date CIC reviewed the medical), I think it best to assume and prepare for the worst case scenario. That means I'm working on my inventory of items that I'm bringing when I land, I'm also looking for employment and generally sorting my affairs as best I can.

Anyhow, I wish you good health and good luck in your journey.

Kind regards

andamanhunk

Oct 28, 2010
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Waiting for the decision made

deepak sapkota said:
Hi Deepak,

Don't worry, be +ve. Wait for a week max and try sending a CSQ and a registered letter simultaneously mentioned the concern.

I hope and sincerely wish you get the visa no later than next week!!!