+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made four months ago at Montreal, waiting for oath, Does ATIP help ?

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Routine app without any RQ or fingerprints. Passed test and interview in May 2016. Interview officer told to wait for 2-4 months.

I have noticed that some members who have faced delay in oath have received Oath letter surprisingly one to two weeks after ATIP. It may be mere coincidence as well. correct me if am wrong

Anyone in the same boat like me. Does ATIP help to trigger oath or will it hurt ?

Thanks in advance.

OOW

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Scarborough
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
march2016 said:
Routine app without any RQ or fingerprints. Passed test and interview in May 2016. Interview officer told to wait for 2-4 months.

I have noticed that some members who have faced delay in oath have received Oath letter surprisingly one to two weeks after ATIP. It may be mere coincidence as well. correct me if am wrong

Anyone in the same boat like me. Does ATIP help to trigger oath or will it hurt ?

Thanks in advance.

I think ATIP would bring your application to limelight again. If there had been oversight regarding issuing you Oath letter, your ATIP might help them in looking at your application again.

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much for the reply. I am postponing to apply for ATIP for long time thinking that Oath letter would come today or may be next week, may be I should not hurry and I should wait for another month as it's fewer ceremonies during summer months. If incase it's getting delayed longer may be close to 6 months , I think its worthwhile to apply next week itself so that i should know what is delaying the oath process in a month or so and even if i have a oath letter next week i may lose some time and 5 bucks that's all. I suppose we have a right to know the information about our file as its delayed more than 2-4 months verbal time frame given by officer. Infact the officer himself informed this timeframe without even asking after test. Lets hope for the best.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
march2016 said:
Thank you so much for the reply. I am postponing to apply for ATIP for long time thinking that Oath letter would come today or may be next week, may be I should not hurry and I should wait for another month as it's fewer ceremonies during summer months. If incase it's getting delayed longer may be close to 6 months , I think its worthwhile to apply next week itself so that i should know what is delaying the oath process in a month or so and even if i have a oath letter next week i may lose some time and 5 bucks that's all. I suppose we have a right to know the information about our file as its delayed more than 2-4 months verbal time frame given by officer. Infact the officer himself informed this timeframe without even asking after test. Lets hope for the best.
First, ATIP department at the IRCC is completely different one from the local processing centre where your application is located. The atip works this way, you apply (btw, you don't need to pay 5$ for it, it's free) ATIP department pulls your application's digital format (GSMC notes), then one person doctors classified details (CSIS clearances) and sends you pdf of it. Your Case officer won't get any red alert that you have requested anything.

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2 said:
First, ATIP department at the IRCC is completely different one from the local processing centre where your application is located. The atip works this way, you apply (btw, you don't need to pay 5$ for it, it's free) ATIP department pulls your application's digital format (GSMC notes), then one person doctors classified details (CSIS clearances) and sends you pdf of it. Your Case officer won't get any red alert that you have requested anything.
Hi there

Thanks for your information on how ATIP works. But does my application get to "limelight" again. If there had been oversight regarding issuing you Oath letter in above post. because I have noticed that some members here who have faced delay in oath have received Oath letter surprisingly one to two weeks after ATIP. Do you think it's mere coincidence as well. correct me if am wrong

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
march2016 said:
Hi there

Thanks for your information on how ATIP works. But does my application get to "limelight" again. If there had been oversight regarding issuing you Oath letter in above post. because I have noticed that some members here who have faced delay in oath have received Oath letter surprisingly one to two weeks after ATIP. Do you think it's mere coincidence as well. correct me if am wrong
Call the IRCC call centre first, ask them if your clearances (FOSS and RCMP) are up to date, enquire if there are any other issues with your application like CBSA's response. That might be faster than waiting to get the same information in ATIP form.
Other's experience might be mere coincidence, might be not. I've requested more than a dozen ATIPs for the last year, and didn't get DM until I filed the application to the federal court.

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2 said:
Call the IRCC call centre first, ask them if your clearances (FOSS and RCMP) are up to date, enquire if there are any other issues with your application like CBSA's response. That might be faster than waiting to get the same information in ATIP form.
Other's experience might be mere coincidence, might be not. I've requested more than a dozen ATIPs for the last year, and didn't get DM until I filed the application to the federal court.
Excellent suggestion, I would try to ask them these questions specifically by nailing them next time. I tried calling many times but they cleverly get out of my hands telling you have 9 more months to cross 12 month target line. If there is any change we will inform you. usually its 6 month waiting time for oath from test etc.. I cannot look into your file since 12 months have not crossed sorry. all nonsense as usual. You have really worked so hard for your application. I really admire your courage and effort. I am happy that you got DM and hope fully would hear oath in weeks. my best wishes.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
march2016 said:
I am happy that you got DM and hope fully would hear oath in weeks. my best wishes.
thanks
FYI, Just checked your timeline, I don't think any of your clearances would expire that soon.

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2 said:
thanks
FYI, Just checked your timeline, I don't think any of your clearances would expire that soon.
Thanks for your reply. Checked up with the call centre , all clearances are up to date and file in good condition. file waiting for oath. I don't think ATIP would give any extra info as of now. I am hopeful i should receive invitation in a month or so. I have noticed one of the April test Applicant has received oath in July and Feb test Applicant too in July. Since I am May test Applicant my oath would arrive in October which should be ok for me as i plan to travel to show my newborn to my parents. I observe that wait time varies strongly from 2-5 months for montreal office. Other offices are pretty consistent on test to oath 3-4 months without much drastical changes.

Reactions: SANAGhada

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much for all and all the best for people who are waiting to become citizens. Finally today I have received the oath invitation by post after four and half months after Decision Made. I think, there is delay in allotting oath ceremonies for rural areas like us.

Minor Update: Ecas Updated today for Notice of oath after 2 days of receiving the oath invitation by post.

Reactions: SANAGhada

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
march2016 said:
Thank you so much for all and all the best for people who are waiting to become citizens. Finally today I have received the oath invitation by post after four and half months after Decision Made. I think, there is delay in allotting oath ceremonies for rural areas like us.
Congrats ! 7 months after applying is not that bad!

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2 said:
Congrats ! 7 months after applying is not that bad!
So True. Thanks a lot for your wishes. Best wishes for your oath ceremony too. :) :)

berkcalg

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
march2016 said:
Congratulations March2016 and good luck for your future life in Canada.

RUCND

May 6, 2016
march2016 said:
Congratulations !!! ;D