+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Decision made"... For 9 months?

SheilaCanadian

Jan 8, 2018
Okay! So we finally got a conference call with a friend from Canada to work! However, unfortunately, we clicked through and when we got to the part where you put in your application number it came back with a recording that said something to the effect of "We're sorry, information regarding outland spousal applications can only be accessed online or via email." SO! Back to square one. :(

Thoughts? Ideas? We've now sent both emails and submitted a web form.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Okay! So we finally got a conference call with a friend from Canada to work! However, unfortunately, we clicked through and when we got to the part where you put in your application number it came back with a recording that said something to the effect of "We're sorry, information regarding outland spousal applications can only be accessed online or via email." SO! Back to square one. :(

Thoughts? Ideas? We've now sent both emails and submitted a web form.
As I already said, contact an MP.

SheilaCanadian

Jan 8, 2018
So we got this email back today...

---
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on your application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision.

While the processing times may vary with each case, the responsible office will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Furthermore, we have verified the sponsorship application and were unable to find information stating that you are the representative for the sponsor.
---

Which is weird, because we already had put her as my representative. Go figure. Thoughts?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017

---

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on your application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision.

While the processing times may vary with each case, the responsible office will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Furthermore, we have verified the sponsorship application and were unable to find information stating that you are the representative for the sponsor.
---

Which is weird, because we already had put her as my representative. Go figure. Thoughts?
You really need an MP's help

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018

---

---

I don't know that an email response from a CSE has ever been helpful to anyone. They are exceptionally vague. Have your MP call or do another conference call first thing in the morning. You really need to get somebody on the phone.

SheilaCanadian

Jan 8, 2018
The MP's office is calling them this week. When I did a conference call and talked the automated message said I couldn't speak to anyone about an outland application. Hoping the MP's office will light a fire under them. We'll see.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
We got a call back from our MP's office a couple days ago and they have been in touch with immigration and we are all approved!!! The final paperwork is on its way to us as we speak. :D :D :D Thank you ALL for your help!!! Contacting the MP's office really was the best thing we could do.
Oh thank god. I was so worried too much time had passed and they had been trying to reach out to you with faulty contact info or something. Sounds like your app just fell in a hole instead. I have seriously been on edge waiting to find out what would happen to your case. So glad everything is fine!!!!

SheilaCanadian

Jan 8, 2018
Oh thank god. I was so worried too much time had passed and they had been trying to reach out to you with faulty contact info or something. Sounds like your app just fell in a hole instead. I have seriously been on edge waiting to find out what would happen to your case. So glad everything is fine!!!!
You're sweet! Thanks for your concern! Yeah we've been joking that someone was working on our app and went on coffee break back in May and... whoops, the papers got caught under a pile! I think all the bugging and calling and emailing (coupled with the MP's office for sure!) finally got them to dig through and put the last stamp on the deal.

I'm curious - we are waiting for that final letter and I'm desperate to know what it asks for. Proof of passport? Another form? More money? If any of you know I'd love to hear about it. I'm impatient. ;)

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
You're sweet! Thanks for your concern! Yeah we've been joking that someone was working on our app and went on coffee break back in May and... whoops, the papers got caught under a pile! I think all the bugging and calling and emailing (coupled with the MP's office for sure!) finally got them to dig through and put the last stamp on the deal.

I'm curious - we are waiting for that final letter and I'm desperate to know what it asks for. Proof of passport? Another form? More money? If any of you know I'd love to hear about it. I'm impatient. ;)
It will be the passport request letter, which is what they need from you to issue your COPR (landing document). You’ll need to mail in a copy of the PA’s passport, two new photos, and a couple other things. Once they get that they’ll issue your COPR a couple weeks later. :)

SheilaCanadian

Jan 8, 2018
It will be the passport request letter, which is what they need from you to issue your COPR (landing document). You’ll need to mail in a copy of the PA’s passport, two new photos, and a couple other things. Once they get that they’ll issue your COPR a couple weeks later. :)
Great! Thanks! Is it like Canadian Passport Sized Photos? Because if it is we can go ahead and get those done ahead of time.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Great! Thanks! Is it like Canadian Passport Sized Photos? Because if it is we can go ahead and get those done ahead of time.
It’s PR card photos - the same type as the original 2 included in the app.