+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made but NO communication since! What to do??

Cily00

Mar 6, 2016
Hello all,
When I check my status 10 days ago, it says that the decision was made, I have NO received anything in my email, should I worry about it??
My VO is SP, no extra documents requested and no interview. Someone may have had the same experience??

I applied on December 10th, received SA on February 10th and the São Paulo office started processing on February 15th and Decision Made on June 13th.
I'm getting worried...

Thank you!!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
well, anything sent after DM will be mailed through regular mail. how long it takes to get to you depends on where you are located and how long it takes for mail to reach you from where it's delivered from. It's been 10 days since your status has changed. a) your decision may not have been MAILED the same day, and b) you can't count weekends in your timeline... mail is not delivered on weekends in most countries. CIC will not do anything to help you until 4 weeks have passed. It is very normal to be waiting 1-3 weeks for your decision letter. Relax, you will get your letter soon enough.

Cily00

Mar 6, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
well, anything sent after DM will be mailed through regular mail. how long it takes to get to you depends on where you are located and how long it takes for mail to reach you from where it's delivered from. It's been 10 days since your status has changed. a) your decision may not have been MAILED the same day, and b) you can't count weekends in your timeline... mail is not delivered on weekends in most countries. CIC will not do anything to help you until 4 weeks have passed. It is very normal to be waiting 1-3 weeks for your decision letter. Relax, you will get your letter soon enough.
Someone with the same timeline as me, received an email from SP VO requesting passport it was at the same day he status changed to DM.

Im still waiting to receive some email...

Thank you!

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
CDNPR2014 said:
Really? Because I got DM just last week, out of the same office as the original poster and they sent me (the sponsor) and my wife (the principal applicant) an email. We've received nothing else.

Aug 20, 2015
It seems to me that they do whatever they want! some people receive emails, some mail and none are done at a consistent time frame! this entire system sucks!!!!

If they had REAL guidelines and protocols to follow maybe they would have to get off their butts and do some actual work in reuniting families!! this entire ordeal makes me ill!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Mightytonewheel said:
Really? Because I got DM just last week, out of the same office as the original poster and they sent me (the sponsor) and my wife (the principal applicant) an email. We've received nothing else.
was the email the PPR (passport request)? if so, then yes, PPR is usually an email sent to the applicant. some people requiring visas do get this by regular mail though. as you can see,there is not a lot of consistency, even in the same office. it is unusual for the sponsor to receive a PPR email as well as the applicant. generally, after sponsor approval the sponsor is not contacted by CIC.

for visa exempt applicants, no email is sent regarding DM, some people don't receive a PPR because it's waived, and the only thing sent is the COPR that is mailed to the applicant.

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
CDNPR2014 said:
was the email the PPR? it is unusual for the sponsor to receive an email as well as the applicant. generally, after sponsor approval the sponsor is not contacted by CIC.

if a person requires a visa, then yes, more than likely they will get an email for PPR with instructions for sending it for processing. some people get this by regular mail. as you can see,there is not a lot of consistency, even in the same office.

for visa exempt applicants, no email is sent regarding DM, and the only thing sent is the COPR that is mailed to the application.
I think their mode of communication will depends on what the applicant puts on their application. For myself (sponsor) I have gotten mails while my husband (applicant) gets all emails via our lawyer.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
WaitingSince2012 said:
I think their mode of communication will depends on what the applicant puts on their application. For myself (sponsor) I have gotten mails while my husband (applicant) gets all emails via our lawyer.
yes, that is true. however, there are people who have put email addresses and still receive communication by regular mail. it seems to be a random thing... always is with CIC.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Cily00 said:
Should I contact the VO in SP?
i personally think it's too early. if you haven't received anything after 3 weeks, then yes start calling.

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
CDNPR2014 said:
yes, that is true. however, there are people who have put email addresses and still receive communication by regular mail. it seems to be a random thing... always is with CIC.
We got it all cause I was a pain in the butt!!!

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
CDNPR2014 said:
You are right! CIC can be so unpredictable!

Cily00

Mar 6, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
i personally think it's too early. if you haven't received anything after 3 weeks, then yes start calling.
ya =/ I guess I will wait one more week... Thank you!

mmm333

Feb 26, 2016
Please Help

Nairobi visa office request passport on June 10 and it is delivered on June 13 But when I check my Ecas today there is a 4 line it says

We sent you correspondence on June 15, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

we didn't receive any email on June 15 as well

Dose it give sense? anyone can help please

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
mmm333 said:
Please Help

Nairobi visa office request passport on June 10 and it is delivered on June 13 But when I check my Ecas today there is a 4 line it says

We sent you correspondence on June 15, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

we didn't receive any email on June 15 as well

Dose it give sense? anyone can help please
you already posted this question in another thread, and it was answered there. do not post the same question multiple times at the same time. it will not give you more answers. stick to one thread that is relavant to your question and give people time to answer your question.