+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Decision made" before or after clearances?

Lily556677

Sep 11, 2017
I just want to know the order of things. My application is past the documentation and testing and now I am told it is in clearances stage. Passed two and waiting on one clearance to be exact (not sure which one).

Do they wait for that clearances before making a decision? or is the decision already made and waiting for the last clearance to mail the oath invite?

The online tool stopped updating a couple of years ago.. I submitted numerous requests for tech support and it is still not working. Thanks

jamainsid1910

Jan 8, 2015
I just want to know the order of things. My application is past the documentation and testing and now I am told it is in clearances stage. Passed two and waiting on one clearance to be exact (not sure which one).

Do they wait for that clearances before making a decision? or is the decision already made and waiting for the last clearance to mail the oath invite?

The online tool stopped updating a couple of years ago.. I submitted numerous requests for tech support and it is still not working. Thanks
If the officer told you everything is complete and in order don't worry its just the security clearance left at this point the decision is not yet made but as soon as your cleared they will make a decision and mail you the oath letter.. The security clearance involves two things criminality and prohibitions if you pass both they will grant you citizenship. If they had any queries or concerns they would not allow you to sit the test. Just relax and wait.

Lily556677

Sep 11, 2017
If the officer told you everything is complete and in order don't worry its just the security clearance left at this point the decision is not yet made but as soon as your cleared they will make a decision and mail you the oath letter.. The security clearance involves two things criminality and prohibitions if you pass both they will grant you citizenship. If they had any queries or concerns they would not allow you to sit the test. Just relax and wait.
No one told me anything. I'm trying to guess where things are headed. IF there is a problem with my application, they would still ask for clearances? or will they refuse it without going through the trouble of requesting clearances only to send a refusal months later?.

jamainsid1910

Jan 8, 2015
No one told me anything. I'm trying to guess where things are headed. IF there is a problem with my application, they would still ask for clearances? or will they refuse it without going through the trouble of requesting clearances only to send a refusal months later?.
Decision will be made after those security clearance if you fail them they notify you and if you pass them they will send you an invitation to take the oath. If you have no criminal record and any prohibitions under citizenship act you have no reason to worry. Now it's just a waiting game. I would give it about 3-10 weeks.