+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made and staying outside Canada

Francisco000

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Hi guys, do you know please what I can do: I checked today the status of my application and it is "Decision Made". For this problem of the virus I traveled abroad to stay with my family and the mail was sent to my previous address I had in Canada. Is there another way to know the Decision? What would happen if I cannot attend the citizenship ceremony because I cannot travel?
I really appreciate any advice, Thanks!!

avro1959

Sep 13, 2014
What would happen if I cannot attend the citizenship ceremony because I cannot travel?
What citizenship ceremony? :rolleyes:

You're in luck, everything's been cancelled since mid-March - tests/interviews and ceremonies. They haven't sent any updated invitation letters since mid-March (as far as I'm aware). When they get around to re-scheduling ceremonies and when they send you an invitation, you can explain your circumstances if you are unable to travel back for the oath ceremony. Considering covid-19, I'm pretty confident they will accommodate any such re-scheduling requests without a fuss. Consider that even before covid-19, they were typically happy to re-schedule the oath within reason. During my interview two years ago, they specifically asked me if I had any business trips coming up and they scheduled my oath around those trips.

Reactions: limits

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys, do you know please what I can do: I checked today the status of my application and it is "Decision Made". For this problem of the virus I traveled abroad to stay with my family and the mail was sent to my previous address I had in Canada. Is there another way to know the Decision? What would happen if I cannot attend the citizenship ceremony because I cannot travel?
I really appreciate any advice, Thanks!!
If you are sponsoring your spouse you should know that you can’t be outside Canada at the same time. Withdrawing your application may save you some money. It seems like you have been out of Canada since December. You should have updated your address when you left.