+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision made and Oath timeline Niagara Falls Office

proman

Mar 23, 2018
I wrote and passed my test on February 20. Interview went well. ecas still shows in process. Called IRCC and they stated the usual 12 month average wait. It’s frustrating seeing others status change quickly from IP to DM.
I wonder what other applicants at the Niagara Falls office experience is

proman

Mar 23, 2018
Nov 10
On the surface you would think they should process applications quicker, given a smaller population compared to neighbouring Hamilton, GTA

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I wrote and passed my test on February 20. Interview went well. ecas still shows in process. Called IRCC and they stated the usual 12 month average wait. It’s frustrating seeing others status change quickly from IP to DM.
Everyone's case is different. You cannot compare. Your background checks are likely still in process. These are performed by agencies, other that IRCC. CSIS performs security clearance, and RCMP performs criminality checks. Security clearance can take time, depending on an applicant's background and history. It's quite common, and nothing to worry about.

The local office can't do much if CSIS and/or RCMP are the hold up.

proman

Mar 23, 2018
I noticed from the spreadsheet that 4 of 5 Niagara Falls applicants in October and November have received no update after test. If this is accurate it could well be a snapshot of the processing time of the General applications and portends a worrying signal about that centre

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I noticed from the spreadsheet that 4 of 5 Niagara Falls applicants in October and November have received no update after test. If this is accurate it could well be a snapshot of the processing time of the General applications and portends a worrying signal about that centre
I'm guessing Niagara Falls applicants take their Oaths in St. Catherines. Oaths seem to be infrequently scheduled. There's only one in April, which could be the reason there haven't been much updates after DM.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx#resultList
Address:
70 Westchester Avenue
St. Catharines, Ontario, L2R 3P4
Date:
Thursday April 26, 2018
Time:
12:10 PM
Open to the public:
Yes

proman

Mar 23, 2018
Well there is no DM since test
It’s too much of a coincidence that this happens to 4 of 5 applicants in October and November

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Well there is no DM since test
It’s too much of a coincidence that this happens to 4 of 5 applicants in October and November
5 is not a large sample. And it's also possible that these folks did not provide updates on their status after the test, on this forum.

proman

Mar 23, 2018
Correct on both points. Niagara Falls serves a smaller population compared to neighbouring Hamilton and GTA hence the fewer numbers
I hope some or all of these 4 persons are reading this and prove my suspicions wrong

dfbb

Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2012
Doc's Request.
04-02-2013
I'm also in Niagara falls. Took the exam in Jan. Still waiting for DM. I also called in late Feb and got the same answer, 12 months waiting. I doubt at this point we can do anything at all, which is quite frustrating.

proman

Mar 23, 2018
I'm also in Niagara falls. Took the exam in Jan. Still waiting for DM. I also called in late Feb and got the same answer, 12 months waiting. I doubt at this point we can do anything at all, which is quite frustrating.
Wow. Why only Niagara Falls.
CIC needs to do regular audits of their test centres to ascertain the performance of the respective case workers or management teams as a whole.

Stkitts

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
Wow. Why only Niagara Falls.
CIC needs to do regular audits of their test centres to ascertain the performance of the respective case workers or management teams as a whole.

I’m taking Oath on 11th may.. you may hear something soon... good luck

Asad199347

Mar 7, 2019
I am from niagara region as well applied 12. Application received 16 may. Can anyone recently who got there citizenship share there experience and timeline would be highly appreciated.
And once they received my application that is may 16 th how would i know its in process or futher details because till today I haven’t heard or received any email or mail from cic?
Please do post your experiences thanks

vinayreddy

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
I am from niagara region as well applied 12. Application received 16 may. Can anyone recently who got there citizenship share there experience and timeline would be highly appreciated.
And once they received my application that is may 16 th how would i know its in process or futher details because till today I haven’t heard or received any email or mail from cic?
Please do post your experiences thanks
hi, can you please share your timeline for Niagra falls location?