+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deciosn Made for 2010/2011/2012 and 2013 Applicants

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks,

I am just curious is there a double standard when it comes to "Decision Made" status for old applicants versus new ones? The reason I ask is that it has been reported on numerous occasions that it takes much more time for those type of applicants (those that received RQs) to receive their oath letter than the applications that are straight forward.
Citizenship applications in St Clair would first have to be moved to the local office and then schedule oath so that could result in additional days of delay. Your thoughts and comments are welcome.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
djoli said:
Hi Folks,

I am just curious is there a double standard when it comes to "Decision Made" status for old applicants versus new ones? The reason I ask is that it has been reported on numerous occasions that it takes much more time for those type of applicants (those that received RQs) to receive their oath letter than the applications that are straight forward.
Citizenship applications in St Clair would first have to be moved to the local office and then schedule oath so that could result in additional days of delay. Your thoughts and comments are welcome.
Don't understand your point.
Are you DM yet ? Or not yet?
And you had a RQ and you replied and sent docs so how come you got 2 more 520 ?

pan1234

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ari5323 said:
Don't understand your point.
Are you DM yet ? Or not yet?
And you had a RQ and you replied and sent docs so how come you got 2 more 520 ?

Hi ari323, I think djoli is right I have not get any letter yet after DM - if you see my timeline it is smiler to djoli.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is exactly what I am afraid, I hope I am wrong but seems like St Clair applicants that received RQs will have to wait a bit longer than the others.

pan1234 said:
Hi ari323, I think djoli is right I have not get any letter yet after DM - if you see my timeline it is smiler to djoli.

canadahopeful

Jun 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am also one of the 2013 applicants who has been waiting for Oath for more than 3 months after the online status changed to Decision Made.

If you are on twitter, tweet Justin Trudeau ( @JustinTrudeau ) with CIC ( @CitImmCanada ) in the mention requesting him to make positive change in the bureaucracy of the CIC and that how agonizing it is to be dealt on double standards when 2015 clients are being scheduled within a month and other older files are waiting for 3 or months.

Vanillakp

May 23, 2014
Just want to share my timeline for your info:
I was a 2011 applicant with RQ, took a test in late 2014. It took me 8 months after a test to receive an oath!! Probably it is the longest waiting time between test and oath dates ever.My E-Cas never changed to "Decision made" even on the oath day!

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have now been waiting for more than 53 months, I am so pissed off that I don't even want to think about it. No application for citizenship should take that long without making a decision. I have tried everything but all I can do is wait.

Vanillakp said:
Just want to share my timeline for your info:
I was a 2011 applicant with RQ, took a test in late 2014. It took me 8 months after a test to receive an oath!! Probably it is the longest waiting time between test and oath dates ever.My E-Cas never changed to "Decision made" even on the oath day!

Vanillakp

May 23, 2014
djoli....you have been waiting way too long..I really feel sorry for you. I hope the new government with new immigration policy will take better care of the applicants who are still struck in limbo.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tha ks Vanillakp, I hope so too. I called CIC and they told me it is their intension to clear all the backlogs by Dec 31, 2015. I really hope that is true but I doubt they can make a decision on all the old ones by the end of the year which is a shame.

Vanillakp said:
djoli....you have been waiting way too long..I really feel sorry for you. I hope the new government with new immigration policy will take better care of the applicants who are still struck in limbo.