+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deciding College/University course

satishgawde89

Mar 2, 2020
Dear All,
I have received offer letter from
1)Crandall University for Master's in Organization Management of 1 year in New Brunswick and
2)Montreal College of Information Technology for Diploma in SAP- Supply chain management of 1 year in Montreal.

I'm very confused between which course I should choose from Job opportunities point of view and future growth.
Please guide me.

Thanks in advance.

-Satish

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Assume you are aware there are very specific differences with getting a PGWP following a course in Quebec

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list/quebec.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/institutions.html

Cannot advise one way or the other but always thought a masters sounds more use than a diploma although guess depends on the subject matter as well

satishgawde89

Mar 2, 2020
Assume you are aware there are very specific differences with getting a PGWP following a course in Quebec

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list/quebec.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/institutions.html

Cannot advise one way or the other but always thought a masters sounds more use than a diploma although guess depends on the subject matter as well
Sir,
Can you please tell me what is the scope for Organization Management.What job profile I can get after completing course? And what will be the growth opportunities in that field?

Thanks.

Regards,
Satish

ritchie_v

May 3, 2016
United States of A
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-12-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
Hey Satish, being an MBA from US myself, can certainly say a thing or two about Organizational Management Course.

Basically these courses help you excel in a managerial position. You still need to have the basic knowledge of the industry or can develop it while working here part-time.

Since this is a general stream course, it all depends on what you can get out of the college, whether it is networking with fellow students on reaching out to local businesses!

The two courses you are comparing are completely different from each other. It depends on your background and future plans - which course you should choose.

SAP Supply Chain Management is a specific course with technical knowledge for business professionals who are planning to use it in their profession. Whereas Crandall one is a broad MBA type course which would cover all aspects of management (HR, Ethics, Sales and Marketing, Administration, etc.)

As far as the cities are concerned - I strongly recommend Moncton.

Got PR through NBPNP Express Entry and timeline is as follows,
Session attended for New Brunswick PNP – May 12th, 2016
Received ITA from New Brunswick – July 7th, 2016
Sent application to NBPNP – August 15th, 2016
Received Nomination – December 9th, 2016
Sent application to CIC – December 21st, 2016
Passed medical – March 7th, 2017
Received PPR – June 22nd, 2017
Moved to Moncton (landing) – August 18th 2017

satishgawde89

Mar 2, 2020
Hey Satish, being an MBA from US myself, can certainly say a thing or two about Organizational Management Course.

Basically these courses help you excel in a managerial position. You still need to have the basic knowledge of the industry or can develop it while working here part-time.

Since this is a general stream course, it all depends on what you can get out of the college, whether it is networking with fellow students on reaching out to local businesses!

The two courses you are comparing are completely different from each other. It depends on your background and future plans - which course you should choose.

SAP Supply Chain Management is a specific course with technical knowledge for business professionals who are planning to use it in their profession. Whereas Crandall one is a broad MBA type course which would cover all aspects of management (HR, Ethics, Sales and Marketing, Administration, etc.)

As far as the cities are concerned - I strongly recommend Moncton.

Got PR through NBPNP Express Entry and timeline is as follows,
Session attended for New Brunswick PNP – May 12th, 2016
Received ITA from New Brunswick – July 7th, 2016
Sent application to NBPNP – August 15th, 2016
Received Nomination – December 9th, 2016
Sent application to CIC – December 21st, 2016
Passed medical – March 7th, 2017
Received PPR – June 22nd, 2017
Moved to Moncton (landing) – August 18th 2017
Thank you for your valuable advice.

satishgawde89

Mar 2, 2020

Thanks for your valuable advice.

satishgawde89

Mar 2, 2020
One is a masters course that is kind of useless but is good for PR. The other is good course but bad for PR. You have to decide
Thank you sir for your valuable advice.

In my case, I would like to inform you that, I have 5 years of experience as purchasing manager,but that experience is in India and from proprietorship company.so will this experience will be counted for getting job in Canada?
Also, which course you will suggest considering my job profile ,as master of organization management is very general course but I will get PR for sure as my CRS score will be 481 with this masters.but i am not sure what will be the job profile after completing this course.
On the other hand SAP- Supply chain management is good for job point of view but for PR I will have to rely on Canadian work experience as my CRS score will be 466 after completing this course and will need to wait for completing my 1 year of canadian work exp to add 40 more points to make it 500.

Please guide me.

Thanks
-Satish