[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you think that while the AOR for online applications is delayed, the processing time of these applications will be faster? I can't decide which is a better way to apply.
It is the case so far.

My spouse applied online in March. Only worry we now have is that pilot for online applications was for 5000 applicants. Not sure, how the speed will be for those who applied after that quota.

tammy_z

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
It is the case so far.

My spouse applied online in March. Only worry we now have is that pilot for online applications was for 5000 applicants. Not sure, how the speed will be for those who applied after that quota.

thank you for your response. but from the tracking sheet on the website for online application, I am only seeing that the first two weeks of December applicants got their test, but beyond that, even the AOR is not received. That is why I was wondering if the processing time is even going to be faster or no.

Since there is no demo of the application portal, if I create an account and I don't end up submitting the application on the website and decide mailing it instead, is this still ok?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you for your response. but from the tracking sheet on the website for online application, I am only seeing that the first two weeks of December applicants got their test, but beyond that, even the AOR is not received. That is why I was wondering if the processing time is even going to be faster or no.

Looking at latest comments of Dec-2020 online thread I think applicants till 23rd Dec got AOR (example matt007).

Since there is no demo of the application portal, if I create an account and I don't end up submitting the application on the website and decide mailing it instead, is this still ok?

You can do that.
Added my comments inline.

svk1520

Dec 25, 2017
Hi All - quick question regarding the photo to be uploaded : i had the photo taken which has extension (Type of File) as .jpg but in the website it says it needs to have a file format of JPEG or JPEG 2000. Sorry if it sounds stupid, but i think .jpg is same as .jpeg - can anyone who submitted and got AOR please confirm by right clicking and checking properties if .jpg file format extension is fine or their photo file had .jpeg extension?

Hi @CCAI2021 can you please check your photo and advise since you have crossed almost all the stages. :)

Thanks in advance all!

CCAI2021

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
Hi All - quick question regarding the photo to be uploaded : i had the photo taken which has extension (Type of File) as .jpg but in the website it says it needs to have a file format of JPEG or JPEG 2000. Sorry if it sounds stupid, but i think .jpg is same as .jpeg - can anyone who submitted and got AOR please confirm by right clicking and checking properties if .jpg file format extension is fine or their photo file had .jpeg extension?

Hi @CCAI2021 can you please check your photo and advise since you have crossed almost all the stages. :)

Thanks in advance all!
Mine was .jpg

Reactions: svk1520

Rijo02

May 2, 2018

Thanks in advance all!
@svk1520, can you please share the dimension your pix shows when you look at it's properties? Mine is in pixels with H by W of 2777 pixels by 1983 pixels.

@CCAI2021, can you please advise?

Somethings I get concerned about it as I didn't pay attention to that when my photographer emailed me the digital copy (the printed copy meets the IRCC specification of 50 mm x 70 mm).

svk1520

Dec 25, 2017
@svk1520, can you please share the dimension your pix shows when you look at it's properties? Mine is in pixels with H by W of 2777 pixels by 1983 pixels.

Somethings I get concerned about it as I didn't pay attention to that when my photographer emailed me the digital copy (the printed copy meets the IRCC specification of 50 mm x 70 mm).
Hi @Rijo02 - the guideline says : minimum image size of 420 x 540 pixels.. I checked mine and it shows 610 x 854 when i go to Properties->Details. I feel both yours and mine should be OK.

@CCAI2021 and others please advise your thoughts.

Reactions: Rijo02

CCAI2021

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021

The number of pixels can vary depending on camera and settings used. As long as it meets all the specified requirements, it should be ok.
As for the physical dimensions, on a Windows PC you can always open up your photo in MS Paint (Right click the file > Open with > Paint). In Paint, choose from the top menu - File > Properties > Change units to centimeters(mine is Width 5 Height 7). I don't use a Mac, so you will have to Youtube/Google for the Mac solution.

Reactions: Rijo02 and svk1520

svk1520

Dec 25, 2017
@Rijo02 i checked and verified in paint what @CCAI2021 mentioned, my photo specs comes up as Width 5 Height 7. Please check yours too and if you have any confusion i think it's best to ask your photographer to fix it..

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
The number of pixels can vary depending on camera and settings used. As long as it meets all the specified requirements, it should be ok.
As for the physical dimensions, on a Windows PC you can always open up your photo in MS Paint (Right click the file > Open with > Paint). In Paint, choose from the top menu - File > Properties > Change units to centimeters(mine is Width 5 Height 7). I don't use a Mac, so you will have to Youtube/Google for the Mac solution.
I just checked mine and it turned out to be 16.79 W and 23.51 H. WoW!!

Can IRCC return my app because of this?

Newwibe

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Hello all,
I have a question I have an interview for citizenship on April 28th ... my problem is that I gave my driver license as id but recently i got my road test and I passed and got yellow paper for temporary licence ... that has written on it that it is not a valid id ...my service card is connected to license so don’t have separate card... in that case what else should i use my pr card and other country’s passport .. or what other options I have..

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
We didn’t hear about anyone applied online got his application returned !
Is this normal ?
I haven't heard of it. That was why I am asking if IRCC can return an online application because it doesn't meet, for example, photo specification.

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
Question to those with Test Invites/AOR's/In Process status....What do you see when you login online in the account that you used to submit the online application? Just curious to learn....