Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-12-2018
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
For online applicants, you need to send a "technical difficulties" web form to IRCC for them to fix it for you. You won't see your status online otherwise.
Ah okay, I will try that out then. Thank you! @engray

hiddenshine17

Jan 10, 2018
Hi Everyone! I am planning to submit my application very soon. I am eligible to submit the online application. I see some comments about "Online web agent are not able to find online applications and not able to receive AOR". I hope they don't just miss the submitted application. I am wondering if you guys recommend submitting the application paper based or online ? Thank you for the help and time.

from_india_to_canada

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Hi Everyone! I am planning to submit my application very soon. I am eligible to submit the online application. I see some comments about "Online web agent are not able to find online applications and not able to receive AOR". I hope they don't just miss the submitted application. I am wondering if you guys recommend submitting the application paper based or online ? Thank you for the help and time.
nobody knows, you just gotta follow your heart

Emenaik007

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Hey Congrats,
was there an AOR before the email that they are reviewing your application?
No, below is the copy of the email that I got:

This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. We will review your
application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is required.
All citizenship applicants between 18 and 54 years of age on the date they sign their application
must meet language and knowledge requirements to become a Canadian citizen. If this includes
you, you will need to:
• Demonstrate competence in basic communication in English or French.
• Pass a written or if necessary, an oral test on your knowledge of Canada and the rights
and responsibilities of citizenship.
The knowledge test is based on the information provided in the official citizenship study guide. It
is 20 multiple choice questions and you must get at least 15 correct to pass.
• The study guide is available on the IRCC website at:

On the same page, you will find more
information on how to prepare for the test.
When your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, IRCC will send you
correspondence to invite you to a knowledge test. It could take a few months before you hear
from us.
Contact information
It is very important that you notify IRCC of any changes in your contact information (i.e. address,
email, and telephone number).

Help!

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Hello, I want to apply for Citizenship in May 2021 and I am eligible for online application. Based on your experience, do you recommend me to apply online or via paper?
Thank you
I don't think online is a good option. I applied in January, nothing yet. They don't process any online applications anymore.

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
I don't think online is a good option. I applied in January, nothing yet. They don't process any online applications anymore.
This is a very misinformed take. IRCC is processing online applications, they’re just taking their sweet time with them right now - considering it’s a new system and they also have to fix bugs and glitches.

As a matter of fact, some more applicants from December (one from December 23rd, 2020) just got their AORs today. I’m fairly certain they’ll get to January applications soon, it might take another couple weeks.

Another thing you should keep in mind is that online is a pilot program. After you receive your AOR, your chances of getting test invite and becoming a citizen before other paper applicants who already have their AORs are very high.

Patience is virtue. :)

Reactions: RJ2020

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
No, below is the copy of the email that I got:

This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. We will review your
application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is required.
All citizenship applicants between 18 and 54 years of age on the date they sign their application
must meet language and knowledge requirements to become a Canadian citizen. If this includes
you, you will need to:
• Demonstrate competence in basic communication in English or French.
• Pass a written or if necessary, an oral test on your knowledge of Canada and the rights
and responsibilities of citizenship.
The knowledge test is based on the information provided in the official citizenship study guide. It
is 20 multiple choice questions and you must get at least 15 correct to pass.
• The study guide is available on the IRCC website at:

On the same page, you will find more
information on how to prepare for the test.
When your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, IRCC will send you
correspondence to invite you to a knowledge test. It could take a few months before you hear
from us.
Contact information
It is very important that you notify IRCC of any changes in your contact information (i.e. address,
email, and telephone number).
This is your AOR. Congrats!

Reactions: Emenaik007

Help!

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
This is a very misinformed take. IRCC is processing online applications, they’re just taking their sweet time with them right now - considering it’s a new system and they also have to fix bugs and glitches.

As a matter of fact, some more applicants from December (one from December 23rd, 2020) just got their AORs today. I’m fairly certain they’ll get to January applications soon, it might take another couple weeks.

Another thing you should keep in mind is that online is a pilot program. After you receive your AOR, your chances of getting test invite and becoming a citizen before other paper applicants who already have their AORs are very high.

Patience is virtue. :)
I hope so