+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

alpha2012tr

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
Here's some ground truth before making any estimations:
  • IRCC seems to be mostly working on urgent applications (both physical + online) at the moment. Urgent applicants are getting the oath invitation.
  • IRCC is also working on some non-urgent applications:
    • Test/trial batch from Dec 2020 online applicants but no one has got the oath invitation till date as per tracker.
    • Physical applications from early 2020 in orderly fashion. The ones who got the test invitation and got cancelled before COVID, are getting the online test invitations slowly. But again no one from 2020 has got the oath invitation till date as per tracker.
So for your Apr 2020 physical application, there are chances that you might need to wait 2-4 months before you get test invitation. There's no clarity about oath invitation though.

And for Dec 2020 online application, looks like IRCC already hit the test applications target. If not, then you can expect to wait 3-4 weeks for AOR (yes AOR is pretty slow for online applicants), then another 4-5 weeks for test+interview completion. But like I mentioned above, there's no clarity about oath invitation though.

P.S.: CCAI2021 did share the interview experience in which s/he mentioned about the possibility of getting oath invitation this month but we will need to wait for it to actually happen as s/he was the early Dec 2020 applicant. The oath invitation may give us more clarity about future of online applications (atleast the trial batch).
Thank you so much @sg02 for the detailed feedback. I really appreciate that. Yes, we will definitely return an update as soon as we receive anything
from them. regards

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Hey everybody, december 21st applicant here. Just received my AOR this morning so there is hope for the rest of the late December applicants.

Application type: Single - Online Applicant
App sent date: December 21,2020
AOR: April 13,2021
This is good news! Congratulations!!!! I clapped for this and hope it continues.

Less I forget, applicants that submitted before the 21st Dec, @Pran6009, aaom225, @dersonc, any update?

Please can you all let us know as it would help in knowing how orderly IRCC is still issuing out AORs?

Thanks!

dersonc

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/Jun/2016
Passport Req..
17/Aug/2016
VISA ISSUED...
23/Aug/2016
This is good news! Congratulations!!!! I clapped for this and hope it continues.

Less I forget, applicants that submitted before the 21st Dec, @Pran6009, aaom225, @dersonc, any update?

Please can you all let us know as it would help in knowing how orderly IRCC is still issuing out AORs?

Thanks!
No updates for my online application submitted on December 16. Once I receive the AOR I will post here.

Kiki87

Feb 6, 2021
Hello everyone, I received AOR today, my application was submitted online on December 22nd. OMG finally! Now I can breathe a sigh of relief.

Application type: Single- Online applicant
Application sent: December 22nd
AOR: April 13, 2021.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Hello everyone, I received AOR today, my application was submitted online on December 22nd. OMG finally! Now I can breathe a sigh of relief.

Application type: Single- Online applicant
Application sent: December 22nd
AOR: April 13, 2021.
Wow! Congratulations to you! Please breathe a sigh of relief as you need it.

Based on this update, I can say that IRCC is actually working (even more than we expected) given the fact that many December applicants must have applied online but didn't state it here. Ofcos I already know that people on CanadaVisa are just a fraction of the total applicants, but seeing people come to give updates is an indication that truly many December applicants "might" have used the online system.

brunostephan

Apr 13, 2021
Hello guys.

I appreciate all of your contributions, thank you so much.

I applied electronically in December and I still didn't receive any AOR (by post or email) or other proof that they are received my application ? is it normal ?

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
Hello guys.

I appreciate all of your contributions, thank you so much.

I applied electronically in December and I still didn't receive any AOR (by post or email) or other proof that they are received my application ? is it normal ?
When did you submit your application?

dersonc

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/Jun/2016
Passport Req..
17/Aug/2016
VISA ISSUED...
23/Aug/2016

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Guys,

Just thinking........for whatsoever reason IRCC considers that an online application is incomplete, pix not meeting specification, the applicant didn't satisfy the 1095 days requirement, etc, what do you think would happen in that condition? We know that they usually return the application documents back to the applicant in the case of a paper application. How would this be handled for an online applicant?

Any ideas or experience?

Reactions: CiaraOD