+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

Alyssa123

Dec 26, 2017
Hey guys, has anyone heard if they extended the original 5000 pilot slots or where they are in filling them up? I am still couple months away in terms of eligibility and just getting anxious!

Alyssa123

Dec 26, 2017
Hey guys, have anyone heard if they extended the original 5000 pilot slots or where they are in filling them up? I am still couple months away in terms of eligibility and just getting anxious

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, have anyone heard if they extended the original 5000 pilot slots or where they are in filling them up? I am still couple months away in terms of eligibility and just getting anxious
What is your source that pilot was only for 5000 applications?

Alyssa123

Dec 26, 2017
If that is the case then probably pilot count is already achieved. There is no AOR for Online applications submitted after 20-23 Dec. Let's see if there is any progress for online applicants next week.
Yes that's where I took this info from and likely you are right, but let's see, fingers crossed they continue this online path!

alpha2012tr

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
Guys, quick question. I and my kids applied in 2020 April and got AOR on Dec 15th, 2020 over paper application. Meanwhile, my wife did apply online application Dec 30th, 2020 and she has not received any feedback so far. By the way, online was successful there were no technical issues or problems at all. Everything worked smoothly. Now we are worrying about both application paper and digitial. We are stuck and waiting for the next step. I know in Canada everything gets done if you are patience enough to wait for it. But time is passing, hopefully, this summer we would have a chance to make a trip. You know what we feel.

So what do you think about our timelines now? any comment? are we rushing too much or everything on time based on your experience. thanks.

veb

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga/ ND
App. Filed.......
May 28, 2014
AOR Received.
Aug 4, 2014
File Transfer...
Jul 28, 2014 / IP: Nov 12, 2014
Med's Done....
Apr 24, 2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Jan 12, 2015/ DM Jan 14
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 16, 2015
LANDED..........
April 22, 2015
Hi Admin, please add me to tracker sheet
Citizenship application: Single
TWP Presence: 0 days
PR Presence: 1394 days
Online Application Sent: Dec 31, 2020
AOR: Not yet
Processing: Not Yet
Test invite: Not Yet

Thanks!

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
Guys, quick question. I and my kids applied in 2020 April and got AOR on Dec 15th, 2020 over paper application. Meanwhile, my wife did apply online application Dec 30th, 2020 and she has not received any feedback so far. By the way, online was successful there were no technical issues or problems at all. Everything worked smoothly. Now we are worrying about both application paper and digitial. We are stuck and waiting for the next step. I know in Canada everything gets done if you are patience enough to wait for it. But time is passing, hopefully, this summer we would have a chance to make a trip. You know what we feel.

So what do you think about our timelines now? any comment? are we rushing too much or everything on time based on your experience. thanks.
Here's some ground truth before making any estimations:
  • IRCC seems to be mostly working on urgent applications (both physical + online) at the moment. Urgent applicants are getting the oath invitation.
  • IRCC is also working on some non-urgent applications:
    • Test/trial batch from Dec 2020 online applicants but no one has got the oath invitation till date as per tracker.
    • Physical applications from early 2020 in orderly fashion. The ones who got the test invitation and got cancelled before COVID, are getting the online test invitations slowly. But again no one from 2020 has got the oath invitation till date as per tracker.
So for your Apr 2020 physical application, there are chances that you might need to wait 2-4 months before you get test invitation. There's no clarity about oath invitation though.

And for Dec 2020 online application, looks like IRCC already hit the test applications target. If not, then you can expect to wait 3-4 weeks for AOR (yes AOR is pretty slow for online applicants), then another 4-5 weeks for test+interview completion. But like I mentioned above, there's no clarity about oath invitation though.

P.S.: CCAI2021 did share the interview experience in which s/he mentioned about the possibility of getting oath invitation this month but we will need to wait for it to actually happen as s/he was the early Dec 2020 applicant. The oath invitation may give us more clarity about future of online applications (atleast the trial batch).

svk1520

Dec 25, 2017
Hi All, I have started filling up the online application - have a quick question : do we not need to upload cit0002e-2 (application form) and cit0007e-2 (Document Checklist) ? There is no placeholder for these. I see that the questions are similar to cit0002e-2 but wanted to be sure if we need to upload these two documents or not.

@CCAI2021 can you please guide based on your experience.

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
Hi All, I have started filling up the online application - have a quick question : do we not need to upload cit0002e-2 (application form) and cit0007e-2 (Document Checklist) ? There is no placeholder for these. I see that the questions are similar to cit0002e-2 but wanted to be sure if we need to upload these two documents or not.

No need to upload any forms, the form itself is online, just answer the online auestions

Reactions: svk1520

CCAI2021

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021

Same as mohammedessam said - you only need to provide the details and documents asked in the online application.

Reactions: svk1520

chapek_dg

Apr 7, 2021
Hey everybody, december 21st applicant here. Just received my AOR this morning so there is hope for the rest of the late December applicants.

Application type: Single - Online Applicant
App sent date: December 21,2020
AOR: April 13,2021

Last edited: