+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Does it mean that the online platform can cater to only up to only 5000 applications? What would happen, once that number is reached online?
From what the minister said, they have started with just 5000 applications. As I speculated yesterday, when they reach 5000 online applications and didn't attain their goal, the worst-case scenario is that they may stop it. But on a positive note, since most Dec online applicants are already getting AOR and some even have received Test invite, it seems to be working fine (just guessing as the backend office can conclusively say so). Hence, they might even expand the online application to include family applicants and people with representatives.

This is still my speculation. Let's hope for the best!

Magpie2020

Feb 26, 2021
Hi
Can I leave Canada after submitting application online. As in paper based you can track your mail when its delivered but in online it just gives message that application is submitted successfully.

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
Hi
Can I leave Canada after submitting application online. As in paper based you can track your mail when its delivered but in online it just gives message that application is submitted successfully.
Yes, you can leave Canada whenever. As a permanent resident you’ve got the right to go and come as you wish. Just keep in mind the travel restrictions/hotel quarantine and stuff.

Plus, IRCC might contact you anytime after submitting your application so you have to be ready to answer their to their correspondence or come back into Canada for the test when invited.

Lovelycomplex

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 7th 2014
Doc's Request.
Jan 26th 2015-Marriage Certificate request
AOR Received.
Feb 11Th 2015 AOR2 AG 5th 2015-pgr
File Transfer...
SA- Feb 12Th 2015
Med's Done....
Medicals received on Ecas
LANDED..........
25/11/2015
I received the AOR by email

Applied online Dec 3 2020
AOR Feb 24 2021

Reactions: myat

Henrho

Nov 8, 2018
Hi Guys, please add me on the tracker.
Application type: Single - Online Applicant
Physical presence days: 1181
App sent date: Feb 6, 2021

Wishing you all success in this process. Thanks!

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Hello, I was in process of gathering documents for citizenship application. Little confused about police clearance certificate.
Do we need to keep in mind 183 days in 4 years or since 18 years of age?
I was in my country of birth, before the 5 years of eligilibilty under consideration for citizenship. Do I still need to get PCC since I was older than 18 years at time when I was residing there or not because it was over 4 years ago?
Thanks in advance!

Nikola10

Feb 18, 2021
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step3

You can find details on the above link, Under Question 10 (b), there are few examples.
They mentioned:

" You don’t need to provide a police certificate if
  • you were in your country of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada, and
  • this time falls within the past 4 years. "

But better to check all the examples before applying or confirm from IRCC

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step3

You can find details on the above link, Under Question 10 (b), there are few examples.
They mentioned:

" You don’t need to provide a police certificate if
  • you were in your country of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada, and
  • this time falls within the past 4 years. "

But better to check all the examples before applying or confirm from IRCC
Thank you!
Since I was a student & then worker in Canada (since 2015) before becoming PR, and became PR 2 years ago, I think I will need to submit PCC from birth country. Right?