PNP
AOR Received.
01-12-2023
Med's Request
15-01-2024
Med's Done....
22-01-2024
Hello,

Post ADR, i received an update in tracker saying my BG is in progress while it was already in progress for a month. I guess it is a sign of comprehensive security checking.
Oh okay. Let's keep each other updated.

Last edited:
Reactions: naila.daud

jenzl

Apr 30, 2021
I asked the exact same question and someone told me it will be less than 2 weeks. I did my medical exam on Feb 20, doctor submitted e-medical earlier this week, not updated on GCkey or tracker yet, though agent said they got the report when I called.
How long does it normally take for Medical to appear in tracker / profile after it was completed in the clinic?

Reactions: TTBR

TTBR

Star Member
Dec 15, 2022
I asked the exact same question and someone told me it will be less than 2 weeks. I did my medical exam on Feb 20, doctor submitted e-medical earlier this week, not updated on GCkey or tracker yet, though agent said they got the report when I called.
Thanks!
Yeah, maybe after the upload IRCC also manually checks the results and it might take some time...

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello,

Post ADR, i received an update in tracker saying my BG is in progress while it was already in progress for a month. I guess it is a sign of comprehensive security checking.
Nope. Not correlated with comprehensive security screening. I'm curious, how you do get updates in tracker saying anything? It just report stages.

ashmash

Oct 18, 2023
There is a part under the 4 main rectangles that says Application History

These are my last updates:

• Feb 16, 2024

Activity status updated: Background verification
    Background verification
    Background verification status has been updated to In progress
  • Feb 13, 2024

We received the information you sent us. We’ll review it and let you know if we need any other information from you.
  • Feb 13, 2024

We sent you a message about your application
    Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary.
  • Jan 30, 2024

We received the information you sent us. We’ll review it and let you know if we need any other information from you.
  • Jan 30, 2024

Activity status updated: Medical exam
    Medical exam
    Medical exam status has been updated to Completed

I am quite sure that prior to Feb 16, BG status was In Progress. Since this has happned after a new document was submitted ( CV ) I think it means my BG is now in security screening.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
There is a part under the 4 main rectangles that says Application History

These are my last updates:

• Feb 16, 2024

Activity status updated: Background verification
    Background verification
    Background verification status has been updated to In progress
  • Feb 13, 2024

• Feb 13, 2024

We sent you a message about your application
    Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary.
  • Jan 30, 2024

• Jan 30, 2024

Activity status updated: Medical exam
    Medical exam
    Medical exam status has been updated to Completed

I am quite sure that prior to Feb 16, BG status was In Progress. Since this has happned after a new document was submitted ( CV ) I think it means my BG is now in security screening.
ah, okay. I forgot that this even existed. Unless your GCMS/CBSA notes says so, you are not in comprehensive security screening. Tbh, it is a unhealthy and stressful experience to assume that you are in comprehensive security screening. I'm pretty sure your background check will update to completed in the coming few weeks or months. If that doesn't happen, file GCMS or CBSA notes to see if that's the case. Don't scare yourself, it will take a toll on your mental health. Save getting stressed for settlement ;)

ashmash

Oct 18, 2023
Thanks for the hopeful attitude.
it's more of a scheduling,Planning and management of your affairs rather than anything else. outland candidates have an ongoing life that will be hugely affected by the sole idea of emigration, not considering the opaque process of getting approval. when you don't know how much longer you will be here, you cannot decide about anything. even if you assume it does not exist at all and try to live your life, you will endure different types of damage when the time comes.

Reactions: naila.daud

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thanks for the hopeful attitude.
it's more of a scheduling,Planning and management of your affairs rather than anything else. outland candidates have an ongoing life that will be hugely affected by the sole idea of emigration, not considering the opaque process of getting approval. when you don't know how much longer you will be here, you cannot decide about anything. even if you assume it does not exist at all and try to live your life, you will endure different types of damage when the time comes.
Trust me when I say this, so many of us have been where you are. The things an outland applicant can do better at this stage is to professionally network, understand the job search landscape, figure out potential housing, etc. This was a thread from me when I was waiting for my own application to be processed: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/newcomer-pr-mortgage-questions.791545/

While I can't solve the issue of opaque processing times, I can for sure provide an alternative that might be more helpful to you in the longer term. You'll be a PR sooner or later, you can start with the planning and settlement part right from the get go. :)

ashmash

Oct 18, 2023
You are right.
I have an eye on the canadian market and rental status....it would be a good idea to plan some aspects while there is time and peace.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

josshe

Feb 8, 2024
All completed in tracker except background check. In GC key I can see below update. I am under FSW inland category. Does it mean everything is completed ?
Final decision - March 4, 2024:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

Reactions: PrincessD

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
All completed in tracker except background check. In GC key I can see below update. I am under FSW inland category. Does it mean everything is completed ?
Final decision - March 4, 2024:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made
Yes. In the next few days you should see a COPR number in your tracker and receive the P1 email

Reactions: josshe

gdhawk

Feb 21, 2024
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
01-12-2023
Med's Request
15-01-2024
Med's Done....
22-01-2024
So my background check is in progress since Jan 25 and eligibility is not started on tracker
But in GCkey both are in progress. So which one is updated? Is my eligibility not started or is it in progress?

Thom111

Oct 6, 2023
Anyone in this group stuck in Biometric completion status? I submitted biometric on January 31st 2024 but it not showing complete for my Spouse. Seems like collected biometric is not clear that is holding up the processing.

dingomingo

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
So my background check is in progress since Jan 25 and eligibility is not started on tracker
But in GCkey both are in progress. So which one is updated? Is my eligibility not started or is it in progress?
same boat as you but since 14th of Feb I assume your medical and bio is passed like mine?