+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

jonnn22

Jul 8, 2018
I have the same time line except LPP is not completed and my office is Sydney.
I stopped checking the tracker once it went past 6 months after the test date. I was like when it comes, it comes. We cannot do anything to speed up the process. Let’s hang in there! :)

Reactions: Sam1249

Sam1249

Dec 4, 2023
Hi folks!
We applied in dec 2022
Aor - Jan 27th
We got a message on tracker in the month of March as ‘waiting on you’ to which I called twice the agent said we do not need any thing from you .
Again I gave a call in the month of may and the agent said we need a medical document so we wasted like two months because of the previous agent not giving us proper information.
Then we received an update in the month of July for examination attended the examination on July the 22nd.
Since then, no update.

Reactions: hamo9ody

Sam1249

Dec 4, 2023
So who is left from the December applicants still waiting for LPP and oath? It’s so quiet in here I’m guessing not many. My test was marked complete at the begging of March. Absolutely nothing since that. Complete silence. I’m so over it, 9 months of checking the tracker to see not a single update.
Same here !

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Hi folks!
We applied in dec 2022
Aor - Jan 27th
We got a message on tracker in the month of March as ‘waiting on you’ to which I called twice the agent said we do not need any thing from you .
Again I gave a call in the month of may and the agent said we need a medical document so we wasted like two months because of the previous agent not giving us proper information.
Then we received an update in the month of July for examination attended the examination on July the 22nd.
Since then, no update.
That's unfortunate. Long wait and time wasted because of an error on their part.

If you don't mind me asking though, what kind of medical examination? That seems like something that should have been taken care of during PR process. Medical status should be irrelevant when it comes to citizenship, or at least that's my understanding.

mpkr

Aug 7, 2019
Dear expert members,

To provide a brief overview of my situation, my sister became Permanent Resident in 2017. However, due to marital issues, she encountered legal complications during a visit to UK to meet her husband in July 2019, resulting in a criminal harassment conviction and a restraining order in UK also a fine. Then she returned to Canada in end july 2019 and she is working full time . Field her taxes and also running small business from past 4.5 years. In addition tot that she also did not leave Canada till today. Even though as per UK law it is summary but As per the Canadian criminal code of equivalency it is Hybrid offence but IRCC would consider it as indictable offence for immigration.

I have several inquiries regarding her immigration.

1. Can she apply for PR renewal which expired in October2022 from inside Canada with the UK conviction?

2. If PR renewal is not feasible, should she pursue a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP)?

3. What is the timeline for eligibility to apply for Canadian citizenship?

4. Do she need to seek criminal rehabilitation before applying for PR renewal or citizenship?

any insights about this matter would be greatly appreciated .

thank you in advance!

aderibs

Oct 27, 2010
Dear expert members,

To provide a brief overview of my situation, my sister became Permanent Resident in 2017. However, due to marital issues, she encountered legal complications during a visit to UK to meet her husband in July 2019, resulting in a criminal harassment conviction and a restraining order in UK also a fine. Then she returned to Canada in end july 2019 and she is working full time . Field her taxes and also running small business from past 4.5 years. In addition tot that she also did not leave Canada till today. Even though as per UK law it is summary but As per the Canadian criminal code of equivalency it is Hybrid offence but IRCC would consider it as indictable offence for immigration.

I have several inquiries regarding her immigration.

1. Can she apply for PR renewal which expired in October2022 from inside Canada with the UK conviction?

2. If PR renewal is not feasible, should she pursue a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP)?

3. What is the timeline for eligibility to apply for Canadian citizenship?

4. Do she need to seek criminal rehabilitation before applying for PR renewal or citizenship?

any insights about this matter would be greatly appreciated .

thank you in advance!
I would advice she speaks to an Immigration Attorney for advice. Her case is too delicate for the advice of people online.

However, she is still a permanent resident even if the PR card expires, she just won't be able to travel in and out without it.

Reactions: Toluokojie

Kory

Jul 21, 2018
Application (Online): Dec 18th, 2022
AoR: Jan 05, 2023
Test Date: Apr 08, 2023
Test marked Complete: Apr 12, 2023
LPP: December 14th, 2023
Oath Ceremony: Not Started
Hi almost same timeline except I got asked to take the test a 2nd time in June due to technical issues which was surprising. Anyway LPP completed Dec 14th and Oath not started. I've seen people with this scenario not get any oath started updates for 2 months and I've also seen some getting it a week.after LPP completed. I'm just so anxious right now. What do you think . Winnipeg sent me the test invites,dunno what the primary office is. I'm in Ontario.

fcbarcelona12

Jun 7, 2023
Hi almost same timeline except I got asked to take the test a 2nd time in June due to technical issues which was surprising. Anyway LPP completed Dec 14th and Oath not started. I've seen people with this scenario not get any oath started updates for 2 months and I've also seen some getting it a week.after LPP completed. I'm just so anxious right now. What do you think . Winnipeg sent me the test invites,dunno what the primary office is. I'm in Ontario.
Hey, so my timeline had similar issue, where my wife faced same technical issues for her test which is why she did it again in June. We were surprised too. I just hope that it’s no longer than couple weeks and not two months or so for Oath. My primary office is Sydney Nova Scotia and my processing centre is Scarborough.

Reactions: Kory

NoraJartan

Feb 3, 2016
8 months of nothing after passing the test, finally got an update! LPP complete!!!

Application - end of Dec 2022
AOR - Feb 2023
Citizenship Test invite - April 7, 2023
Citizenship Test taken - April 28, 2023
LPP complete - Dec 7, 2023
Oath Ceremony - Not started

I am beyond excited and I hope this gives you a bit of hope on your own journey. It’s been almost 12 months for me (and it’s still going) so hang in there everyone! Many thanks to everyone who contributed here, it really means a lot as this forum has been the only platform that gives us a bit of a sense of direction on how things are going.
Happy holidays!!

Reactions: rushi.gada and Kory

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
8 months of nothing after passing the test, finally got an update! LPP complete!!!

AOR - Feb 2023

I am beyond excited and I hope this gives you a bit of hope on your own journey. It’s been almost 12 months for me (and it’s still going) so hang in there everyone! Many thanks to everyone who contributed here, it really means a lot as this forum has been the only platform that gives us a bit of a sense of direction on how things are going.
Happy holidays!!
It does give us a lot of hope! Congratulations

Reactions: NoraJartan

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016

AOR - Feb 2023

Happy holidays!!
Congrats did you had BGC prior to test? When was BGC?