+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

carling

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
Hi all, got my GCMS notes back today. No updates since I passed the citizenship test on April 12. Stuck at Sydney like a lot of people. LPP hasnt even started and there is a due date of December 24, 2023. :(
WOW.... I cant believe that Sydney office is so slow... Does anyone know that if this is a hard "due date" i.e. Does the officer needs to ensure that LPP or file is completed by Dec. 24, 2023?

What exactly does Due Date means?

flipper11

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
WOW.... I cant believe that Sydney office is so slow... Does anyone know that if this is a hard "due date" i.e. Does the officer needs to ensure that LPP or file is completed by Dec. 24, 2023?

What exactly does Due Date means?
Due date means absolutely nothing... at least in my case... I passed all due dates without anyone touching my file after the test...

pp24

Star Member
Mar 11, 2022
Due date means absolutely nothing... at least in my case... I passed all due dates without anyone touching my file after the test...
I'm wondering if all those assigned to Sydney should write a petition as to why they are soooo slow. No activity at all wtf.

carling

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
I'm wondering if all those assigned to Sydney should write a petition as to why they are soooo slow. No activity at all wtf.
I couldn't agree more about petition... it is exactly like WTF is happening in Sydney office?

Last edited:

imanny

Apr 17, 2023
thanks!
anyone know if/when to reach out to MP? my application has not seen any movement in the past 6+ months. IRCC's own websites says oath ceremony is usually within 4-6 months of passing the citizenship test. its just frustrating to see others get their citizenship so quickly. on the other hand, its not been a year since i applied (AOR dec 29, 2022). i am hesitant because i want ensure a response from an MP. so is it better to wait until a whole year before reaching out to an MP or should i just do it now?

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
thanks!
anyone know if/when to reach out to MP? my application has not seen any movement in the past 6+ months. IRCC's own websites says oath ceremony is usually within 4-6 months of passing the citizenship test. its just frustrating to see others get their citizenship so quickly. on the other hand, its not been a year since i applied (AOR dec 29, 2022). i am hesitant because i want ensure a response from an MP. so is it better to wait until a whole year before reaching out to an MP or should i just do it now?
You can try your luck and reach out to them, but they might not do anything until you have reached the 17 month processing time.

kyra15734

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
I got an update on my online tracker after ages!! They have scheduled me for an interview. They also asked me to send scanned copies of all passport pages.

Application Sent: Dec 28, 2022
AoR: Jan 13, 2023
Citizenship Test Given: Apr 4, 2023
Test Marked Complete: Apr 5, 2023
Application is assigned to RC-8090

I received an email asking for passport scans yesterday (Oct 24th). On the same day, my tracker showed an update for "Interview Required". The interview is scheduled for Nov 10th. I haven't received the interview instructions email yet. Hopefully, this means that it after the interview, LPP will happen soon.. Fingers crossed!!

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
I got an update on my online tracker after ages!! They have scheduled me for an interview. They also asked me to send scanned copies of all passport pages.

Application Sent: Dec 28, 2022
AoR: Jan 13, 2023
Citizenship Test Given: Apr 4, 2023
Test Marked Complete: Apr 5, 2023
Application is assigned to RC-8090

I received an email asking for passport scans yesterday (Oct 24th). On the same day, my tracker showed an update for "Interview Required". The interview is scheduled for Nov 10th. I haven't received the interview instructions email yet. Hopefully, this means that it after the interview, LPP will happen soon.. Fingers crossed!!
did your back ground check completed or not yet, if was completed what date please , Thank you

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
Any one got BG completed recent after was waiting for long ..few months, since Finger print requested, or since test request ?
we haven't seen any BG completed for applicants who is Pending BG since January ( Finger print request, test request and market completed )
MY BG pending since April ( Finger print request date ..)

NoraJartan

Feb 3, 2016
Hi all, got my GCMS notes back today. No updates since I passed the citizenship test on April 12. Stuck at Sydney like a lot of people. LPP hasnt even started and there is a due date of December 24, 2023. :(
We have a very similar timeline, no updates for me since I passed the test on April 28th.
I ordered the GCMS notes last week, haven’t received anything yet. My test invite was from Hamilton office and I’m guessing my files are stuck with the rest at Sydney office.
It’s so frustrating…

prashkds

Dec 31, 2022
We have a very similar timeline, no updates for me since I passed the test on April 28th.
I ordered the GCMS notes last week, haven’t received anything yet. My test invite was from Hamilton office and I’m guessing my files are stuck with the rest at Sydney office.
It’s so frustrating…
I have similar timelines as well. Received my GCMS notes last week. LPP shows not started, but tracker shows in progress ( not consistent with notes)
I passed my test on April 12, 2023. No updates since then. By the way due dates for my LPP are 12 Jan 2024. I don't think these due dates mean anything. We just have to wait and watch.