+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

bbmoi

Star Member
Aug 8, 2021
Downloaded my e-certificate today! Had my passport form ready, and went and submitted it with express, picking it up Tuesday!
Does this come as an email or what? My application is finalized and closed. Oh I later found this link https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal, use it to retrieve your certificate if IRCC worker hasn't sent you the link. Just create an account and download your thing especially if you have sent them the oath of citizenship form and your case has been closed. Thank you everyone. I am out!

Last edited:
Reactions: eedwards92

AzureGekko

Mar 27, 2023
Another week went..... Another week of not hearing ANYTHING from the SYDNEY OFFICE!!!! Grrrr....
I recently found out my application(AOR Jan 4) is stuck at the Sydney office without any progress since march 9. what is your timelines? Also how often should i check for status update? weekly or daily?

carling

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
I recently found out my application(AOR Jan 4) is stuck at the Sydney office without any progress since march 9. what is your timelines? Also how often should i check for status update? weekly or daily?
My application Submission Nov 15, AOR Dec 15, Ghost update March 2 and no update since.... Believe it or not, I am crazy I check it daily!!! So frustrating

Last edited:

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
it doesn't matter how often you check, for any action items (interview, oath) you will get an email

AzureGekko

Mar 27, 2023
anyone know if there is a whatsapp group and google spreadsheet for people with applications that are being processed in Sydney? If not can we create one?

carling

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
anyone know if there is a whatsapp group and google spreadsheet for people with applications that are being processed in Sydney? If not can we create one?
If there is one already created, would someone be able to share the link as I wouldn't mind looking at the spreadsheet to understand how really "slow" is Sydney office. Thanks

Last edited:

nitink01

Oct 20, 2017
Hello All,

I applied for Citizenship of my kids in Dec 2022 with me as the parent who already had a Citizenship. Now I did receive AOR for one kid via email for 2nd i never received it from IRCC but could see that it was in progress using ecas tool. I see today using ecas that the app status claims as Decision Made but we have not received any email update from IRCC on both cases. Has any one ever faced this situation before? What does this mean?