December 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Final update related to my application

Citizenship oath taken: Aug 24, 2023
Oath Affirmation Form submitted: Aug 24, 2023
Complete timeline in my signature.

Waiting for e-certificate.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for your help and support. I am glad I dont have to deal with IRCC much after this. Good luck to everyone still waiting, hang in there!

Arjunp

Jul 6, 2020
Final update related to my application

Citizenship oath taken: Aug 24, 2023
Oath Affirmation Form submitted: Aug 24, 2023
Complete timeline in my signature.

Waiting for e-certificate.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for your help and support. I am glad I dont have to deal with IRCC much after this. Good luck to everyone still waiting, hang in there!
Hey congratulations.
You waited a lot.

Did you have to confirm for e certificate in the oath?

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hey congratulations.
You waited a lot.

Did you have to confirm for e certificate in the oath?
Thank you! Yes a decent wait for the test after BG and then 2 months after LPP.

My oath invite mentioned that I would need to register my choice of certificate (paper or e-cert) during registration for oath ceremony on the Zoom call with the clerk.

So I asked her to send me e-certificate and she said yes you are already registered for it.

Reactions: Arjunp

rupsingh

May 3, 2020
Anyone aware of how to get file number for applying for GCMS notes. ?
App: paper, Family
App submitted Dec 21st
AOR 23 Jan
Fingerprint req: 28th March
Finger received: 28th April
Background complete: 1st May
Test invite :11 May
Test: 19th May, complete 23rd May
LPP complete: Jun13

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
App submitted Dec 21st
AOR 23 Jan
Your application number on your AOR is your file number.

pvasishta

Jun 4, 2019
Hello All,
Application Type : Paper (Two Adults and one Minor)
Application submitted : Dec 19th
Application Received : Dec 28th
AoR : Feb 20th
BG Completed : April 1st
Test Invite : July 26
Test Taken & Passed on 7th Aug
Still test results are not updated in system. Its almost three weeks now. Is this normal?
Thank you

fcbarcelona12

Jun 7, 2023
Hello everyone, can anyone provide the contact number where we can call and get an update on the application status? (888) 242-2100 this number does not work. My file is being assessed at the Scarborough location.

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hello All,
Application Type : Paper (Two Adults and one Minor)
Application submitted : Dec 19th
Application Received : Dec 28th
AoR : Feb 20th
BG Completed : April 1st
Test Invite : July 26
Test Taken & Passed on 7th Aug
Still test results are not updated in system. Its almost three weeks now. Is this normal?
Thank you
Hey, nice to hear that your test is over. The test results don't usually take 3 weeks to get updated, however, it's not unheard of and with IRCC, it's all pretty standard. I would say, wait until the end of this week and hopefully it updates, or call the IRCC call centre on Friday to ask them for an update, Either case, don't worry, it will happen eventually!

Reactions: pvasishta

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hello everyone, can anyone provide the contact number where we can call and get an update on the application status? (888) 242-2100 this number does not work. My file is being assessed at the Scarborough location.
Sure thing! Assuming you're dialing from Canada, give 1-888-242-2100 a shot – it's pretty much a guaranteed connection. Just a heads up, though: be ready for a potentially long wait or a few tries before you get to talk to an agent. If you hit a busy message, don't sweat it – hang up and give it another shot right away. Usually, you'll get through on the 2nd or 3rd attempt. Good luck!

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
App submitted Dec 21st
AOR 23 Jan
File number is mentioned on our AOR doc. It's referred as Application ID

kyra15734

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
Sure thing! Assuming you're dialing from Canada, give 1-888-242-2100 a shot – it's pretty much a guaranteed connection. Just a heads up, though: be ready for a potentially long wait or a few tries before you get to talk to an agent. If you hit a busy message, don't sweat it – hang up and give it another shot right away. Usually, you'll get through on the 2nd or 3rd attempt. Good luck!
My friend tried calling on my behalf (I am not in Canada, so I am not able to call directly). She said that any time she tries, the call just gets dropped. Does this happen often?

Is there a specific time or sequence that works?

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
My friend tried calling on my behalf (I am not in Canada, so I am not able to call directly). She said that any time she tries, the call just gets dropped. Does this happen often?

If you're friend dialed the number starting 1-888-xxx-xxxx, it would definitely connect the automated system. Just try after 2 PM ET, chances are higher, but this line is usually always busy

Reactions: kyra15734

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018

IRCC will not provide ANY information to your friend, your spouse or anyone calling on your behalf unless that person is listed as an authorized representative on your application.

Better option would be to use TextNow or similar apps where you can use free Canadian numbers and call IRCC yourself.