+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

moody16

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Update. Received the oath online via email. Online tracker doesn't show an update yet.

Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1112
Application: Single
Application submitted: December 10, 2022
Application Filed: Jan 5th, 2022
Citizenship test invite: Feb 27th, 2023
Citizenship test taken: March 18th, 2023
LPP: June 21, 2023
Oath: Video, July 12 2023

qwertyasdf

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Hi everyone, I am thinking of sending an email to my processing office because I completed the test over 2 months ago and still did not get background check completed. Was anyone successful in getting a respond after sending an email? Thanks

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hi everyone, I am thinking of sending an email to my processing office because I completed the test over 2 months ago and still did not get background check completed. Was anyone successful in getting a respond after sending an email? Thanks
Best order GCMS notes. If your BG is stuck in security check, the expected timeline is 6-8 months

Reactions: derkdsou

Armoured95

Apr 29, 2022
Hello, I want to thank everyone for their participation in this thread and providing insights and information. Happy to say citizenship journey is now completed. I wish Godspeed to all whose application is still in process.

My timeline
Type: Online application
Application: Single
Application sent: December 1, 2022
Delivered: December 1, 2022
AOR: December 19, 2022
Background completed: February 06, 2023
Test invite: February 16 (Email from Vancouver)
Test window: February 21, 2023 and March 13, 2023.
Test written: February 21
Test completed: February 24 (reflected on tracker - February 28)
LPP: May 31
Citizenship Ceremony in progress: June 7
Oath date: June 29 (Vancouver)
Tracker closed due to application approval: June 30 (updated July 4)
Mailed certificate received: July 6, 2023.

Xxsaraxx

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Once you are done taking oath, you are no longer an Indian Citizen because of automatic loss of citizenship in the Indian Citizenship Act 1955. You will have lost your entitlement to use your Indian passport from the time you take your oath. You can wait for your certificate to arrive and apply for a passport urgently based on your existing tickets (1-2 days + $$$)

If you are travelling for a short stay, you can apply for an e-visa (very quick turnaround). Else, you will need to apply for a regular entry visa (check processing time). You may apply for e-visa or regular visa before surrendering your Indian Passport at the High Commission or Consulate in Canada

However, if you are travelling to India permanently: DO NOT travel back to India on an Canadian passport and e-visa. You will not be able to apply for OCI from within India. In this case, make sure you plan so that you are able to surrender your Indian Passport and apply for an entry Visa at a BLS centre in Canada before you leave for India. With an entry visa, you will be able to extend your stay in India with Indefinite Leave to Remain once you apply to register as an Overseas Citizen of India

It is highly recommended that you not postpone your oath. However, depending on your case if you are unable to complete all the step above, write to CIC once you get the oath invite and request to postpone your oath... and give them a concrete plan with Itinerary of when you will be back and available for oath or they are going to shelve your application forever

Note: You need to be on Canadian soil to take your oath
Contrary to the above, I have read your Indian passport is valid for 3 months:

“ 6. A grace period of three months is allowed from the date of acquisition of foreign citizenship, for the purpose of travel on an Indian Passport. Therefore, no penalty will be leviable for travel on an Indian passport within three months of acquisition of a foreign passport.”
https://eoi.gov.in/eoisearch/MyPrint.php?0834?001/0005

I also know someone who was allowed to take their oath outside Canada upon special circumstances, however, their oath was delayed for about 8 months upon requesting this. In my opinion, it’s better to do your oath and travel, once you have your citizenship certificate you can apply for your Canadian passport from outside Canada as well.
@md4me Double check all info before you make a decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: derkdsou

Jojo!86

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
got an email from Calgary office requesting additional documents for a one day trip to Canada from USA during the initial days after I became PR. I already mentioned all these travels in my application not sure why the officer thinks I didnt disclose it.

I replied will all the evidence I had such as transit tickets, i-94 and my citizenship application copy where I did mention my travel. Furthermore I am located in Vancouver not sure why my physical presence (potentially) is calculated in Calgary. Very confused about this situation.

Did anyone of got similar requests?

Amandeep62

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
LPP Was Done on June 30 but still not received for oath email or in the tracker. When the timeline for Oath Invitaition.

canada_dreamer

Apr 10, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
got an email from Calgary office requesting additional documents for a one day trip to Canada from USA during the initial days after I became PR. I already mentioned all these travels in my application not sure why the officer thinks I didnt disclose it.

I replied will all the evidence I had such as transit tickets, i-94 and my citizenship application copy where I did mention my travel. Furthermore I am located in Vancouver not sure why my physical presence (potentially) is calculated in Calgary. Very confused about this situation.

Did anyone of got similar requests?
For online applications, I don't think there is a single office where the whole applicaton is processed. I am saying this because my wife and I applied from Calgary. We both got test invites from vanocuver. I got oath invite from vancouver, but my wife got her oath invite from winnipeg.

angel0214

Star Member
Nov 8, 2015
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08 Dec 2017
AOR Received.
24 Jan 2018
Quick question when you got the request for passport. Was it on email only or you did see that request on your portal application history section as well?
Both. Got the email and it was reflected in my tracker too.

Reactions: Jojo!86