Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2016
Hi guys could we get both citizenship certificate in hardcopy as well as ecertificate?

Reactions: Xxsaraxx and Monsta

md4me

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Hello folks,

Need some help. We have received oath ceremony details but we have our travel plans to India end of this month. Can we attend the oath ceremony and then travel to India with our current Indian passport?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hello folks,

Need some help. We have received oath ceremony details but we have our travel plans to India end of this month. Can we attend the oath ceremony and then travel to India with our current Indian passport?
Once you are done taking oath, you are no longer an Indian Citizen because of automatic loss of citizenship in the Indian Citizenship Act 1955. You will have lost your entitlement to use your Indian passport from the time you take your oath. You can wait for your certificate to arrive and apply for a passport urgently based on your existing tickets (1-2 days + $$$)

If you are travelling for a short stay, you can apply for an e-visa (very quick turnaround). Else, you will need to apply for a regular entry visa (check processing time). You may apply for e-visa or regular visa before surrendering your Indian Passport at the High Commission or Consulate in Canada

However, if you are travelling to India permanently: DO NOT travel back to India on an Canadian passport and e-visa. You will not be able to apply for OCI from within India. In this case, make sure you plan so that you are able to surrender your Indian Passport and apply for an entry Visa at a BLS centre in Canada before you leave for India. With an entry visa, you will be able to extend your stay in India with Indefinite Leave to Remain once you apply to register as an Overseas Citizen of India

It is highly recommended that you not postpone your oath. However, depending on your case if you are unable to complete all the step above, write to CIC once you get the oath invite and request to postpone your oath... and give them a concrete plan with Itinerary of when you will be back and available for oath or they are going to shelve your application forever

Note: You need to be on Canadian soil to take your oath

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
UPDATE

LPP: Completed July 4
(tracker updated July 6)
Primary Office: Scarborough

Type: Online application, single, from Toronto
Physical Presence Days: 1102
Applied: Dec 22, 2022
AOR: Jan 11, 2023
Background verification: Feb 27
Cit test invite: March 15
Test taken & completed: March 24
Ceremony: Not started

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
LPP Completed on June 23 from Mississauga VO but still no oath ceremony invitation. I have already sent an email to Mississauga oath ceremony email and also raised a webform.

I have a trip planned to my home country on September 9, 2023. I am hoping I can get my Canadian passport and e-visa to India before then.

KarRml

Oct 28, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
Hello folks,

Of course not!
if you do you won't be able to enter CANADA again, since your PR will be destroyed. You will have to wait until you have your CANADIAN passport in hand.

Reactions: Monsta

KY13

Apr 6, 2023
Finally, LPP completed today

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1200
Application: Single
Application sent: December 5, 2022
Delivered: December 6, 2022
AOR: December 28, 2022
Background completed: Feb 14, 2023
Citizenship scheduled: March 17
Citizenship test performed: April 3
Test completed: April 4
LPP completed: July 4 (tracker updated July 6)
Ceremony: not started

hambousha

Jan 9, 2015
Citizenship application

Type: Online application

Application: Single

Application sent: December 02

Delivered: December 02

AOR: December 21

Ghost update Feb 9 & 10

Test invitation: February 22 (Window 27-March20)

Fingerprint request: March 1

Finger print submitted: March 4

Test Taken on March 9

Test completed: March 15 (Updated on the 17)

BG completed: March 20 (Updated on the 22)

LPP completed: May 26 (Updated on the 30th)

Citizenship oath in progress June 7 (Updated on June 9) to appear on the 27th

Oath taken June 27 (Requested e-certificate on the oath day during registration)

July 4 Application closed (Updated on the 7th)

Did not receive e certificates instructions email

Went myself and created and account on ircc portal and chose download e certificate and found it there

Thanks and good luck all